Little Prince Cedie is a 1988 Japanese anime series produced by Nippon Animation and was broadcast on the World Masterpiece Theater, an animation staple that showcased each year an animated version of a different classical book or story. The series is based on Frances Hodgson Burnett's book, Little Lord Fauntleroy.
Tropes associated with Little Prince Cedie:
- Adorably Precocious Child: Cedie.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Cedie's grandfather at first but then mellows out after his grandson came to his life.
- Blue Blood: Cedie. He is the grandson of the Earl of Dorincourt.
- Disappeared Dad: Averted in this version for it showed him all alive until the plot kicks in where he did die.
- Live-Action Adaptation: Star Cinema of the Philippines has made a live action version of this one starring several of the astounding stars of its time.
- Nice Guy: Cedie.