Kaze No Tairiku / The Weathering Continent is a 1992 animated film animated by Production I.G (then known as I.G Tatsunoko) and was written and directed by Koichi Mashimo. It was released in the U.S. by Media BlastersLiving on a continent devastated by centuries of catastrophes; Boyce/Bois, Tieh/Teye, and Lakshi/Lakshmi are travelers heading towards Haelle Kine/Halle Kayne, where they hope to find water. After encountering a group of people who were recently murdered (quite gruesomly) and a survivor who dies due to fatigue and starvation (oh and we should add the two arrows in her stomach), they find themselves in the cursed Azec Sistra, a city built for the dead. Legends says that no one has ever left this city alive...The original is a Japanese fantasy Light Novel series.
- Action Girl: Lakshi may count as one
- Alternative Foreign Theme Song: The American release by Media Blasters replaced the song closing song Kaze no Tairiku with original score music by Michiru Oshima. It still featured the song in a separate clean closing video as DVD extra.
- Award Bait Song: The theme song Kaze no Tairiku by Yui Nishiwaki. And this song featured on the film's soundtrack.
- Badass Normal: Bois. Definitely Bois.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Tieh. Oh boy, how. The bandits mistake him for a her, and their leader even states he is "A Helen of Troy."
- Groin Attack: Lakshi manages to catch an attacking bandit in mid-air with a boot to the family jewels. Her unlucky victim hangs in the air for a fraction of a second before collapsing down the stairs.
- Important Haircut: Lakshi cuts off her long hair when she takes on the persona of a man.
- Scenery Porn: The movie has some stunning art direction.
- Spell My Name with an "S": well, there are always problems with the names...