Anime: Gundam SEED Character Theater
aka: Gundam Seed Character Theater
Gundam Seed Character Theater
is a short series of omakes included with the DVD edition of the Gundam SEED Destiny
series. They are hilarious and in no way meant to be taken seriously, and good-naturedly mock everything about the series in general.
The following tropes apply:
- The Ace - Yzak thinks Athrun is this and attempts to discover his secret in the first short.
- Boring Failure Hero - The ZAFT people (Shinn, Rey, Luna, Meyrin) try to be heroes to ZAFT (and in Rey's case Gilbert). This is usually the result.
- Deadpan Snarker - Dearka to Yzak. Up to Eleven, as that seems to be Dearka's entire dialouge range.
- Depth Deception - Hey, it's Tori, Kira's little robot bir-HOLY SHIT WHEN DID HE GET SO BIG?!
- Epic Fail - The results of trying to destroy Athrun and Kira's friendship backfire like you wouldn't believe.
- Hilarity Ensues - The raison d'etre behind the whole thing.
- Failure Is the Only Option - Even when Yzak wins, he loses.
- Fandom Nod - SEED Mode Lacus' Talking the Monster to Death includes a black Battle Aura and Scary Shiny Eyes in reference to the Alternate Character Interpretation of her as a villain.
- Refuge in Audacity - Shinn. In drag. Singing one of Lacus' pop standards while shredding the stage with Sword Impulse's BFS. That is all.
- Make Wrong What Once Went Right - In the second short, Shinn, Rey and Luna's mission is to destroy Kira and Athrun's lifelong friendship.
- Mission Control - Meyrin. Oddly, Talia Gladys is missing, and her filling this role would make even more sense.
- Moe Anthropomorphism - The whole character design of everyone. Even more silly when it averts this.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero - Rey's attempt to sabotage Lacus' cooking make it even better to Kira.
- Nosebleed - One of the episodes has the cast of SEED Destiny try to break Kira and Lacus up. Lunamaria just happens to scout ahead while Kira and Lacus are making out. The resultant nosebleed sends her flying a few hundred metres.
Lunamaria: (Her nosebleed sends her flying) "Weapooooon!"
Rey: "Lunamaria's been taken down."
Shinn: "I wonder what she saw?"
- Rule of Cool - EVERYONE can go into SEED mode, and they usually dial their own awesome Up to Eleven.
- Rule of Funny
- Shout-Out - To Gundam in general, and even Sailor Moon at one point.
- You Have Failed Me - What Rey the Gilbert Durandal fanboy lives in fear of from the man himself.