Anime: Dino Breaker
D.I.C.E. or DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises (Japanese title, Dinobreaker) is a 2005 animated series first produced for America, then dubbed into Japanese and Tagalog.Out in the Sarbylion galaxy, an organization called DNA Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises (Japanese, Dinobreaker Integrated Cybernetic Enterprises), which is an aid group for anyone in need. They have on unit called Fortress F99 consisting of orphans that pilot. With the Dinobreaker, a Transforming Mecha that goes from vehicle mode to dino mode, they always get the job done. The show tells about their intergalactic adventures.
Tropes used by the series:
- Anime Hair: Taken to an extreme extent.
- Bishōnen: Robert. He's quite vain about it too.
- Butt Monkey: Gelato
- Conspicuous CG: The hand-drawn stuff was by Xebec, the CG was largely farmed out to Taiwanese firm CGCG, Studio Galapagos, Studio Bihou (who also did the series' backgrounds) and Saruchin Company. It can get pretty noticeable at times, mostly with the outlines.
- Conveniently an Orphan: All of F199.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Dinosaur mecha!
- Hot-Blooded: Jet Seigel the most, but a lot of other characters.
- Long-Lost Relative: Jet Seigel's brother Zack carbon-copies Racer X perfectly - he fakes his own death, then returns under the guise of Phantom Knight, with only his driving skills cluing Jet (and the audience) in on who he is.
- Ship Tease: Between Marcia and Tak in episode 8.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Each a different mecha.
- Team Pet: Moke
- Those Two Guys: The glory-hounding fake DICE team, which gets into trouble a lot.
- Transforming Mecha: Each dinobreaker transforms from a vehicle to a dinosaur shaped mecha.
- Tsundere: Puffy Angel towards Jet Seigel. She runs so hot and cold for him it's easy to see.
- Tyrannosaurus rex: Two mechas shaped like them.