Animation / Vinterkrigen
Vinterkrigen (Winter War)
is a Swedish, slightly interactive short-film made for Multimedia B class by starlake and one of his classmates using sprite animation. It's about King Båre, the king of winter and all snowcreatures, being at war with an evil organization called The Second Company(initialized as COII) bent on the demise of winter. In order to stop this King Båre sends Fuyu the snow spirit in order to recruit the few humans that actually want winter to happen.
The film begins with Fuyu arriving in Per's house, explaining that COII are hypnotising sun spirits and making them stay for longer than they should followed by asking him whether he wants to help or not. The viewer can then choose whether or not to help. After agreeing to this they go to a cabin wherein the only other volunteer, Jack, is waiting for them. From there they go towards the wizard Akasha's hut atop a mountain.
After fooling a car from COII into going to Katzbergen to look for snow spirits they arrive at Akasha's hut where they recieve weapons to stop the spirits and are then teleported away.
They end up in the office of COII's leader where he starts to have a duel with Per.
[Vinterkrigen] contains examples of:
- Ambidextrous Sprite: Every sprite is this, especially noticable with the car that has COII mirrored because starlake drew it facing to the right.
- Author Avatar: Per is one for starlake.
- A Wizard Did It: Akasha made the weapons and gave them their properties, also teleporting.
- Behind the Black: Jack during the duel.
- Big Damn Heroes: Jack does this at one point.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: The sun spirits are this, but they didn't show up due to a special form of Executive Meddling.
- But Thou Must!: When asked whether or not Per wants to help he can decline the request, doing so will result in Fuyu visiting once every day until he says yes. He was originally going to have a more angry response instead of the current one but due to time constraints and faulty microphone that sound didn't play all the way and was replaced by the standard response.
- Cool Hat: Båre has one.Fuyu gets one as part of her promotion.
- Everything Fades: The leader slashes his potted flower and it disappears along with the desk.
- Exposition Fairy: This is Fuyu's basic role in the final version, she was going to get in on the action but the scene was cut due to test audiences not liking the scene.
- Fridge Logic: Why didn't Jack intervene sooner.
- Honest Axe: This was cut from the final version, but Per was supposed to trip and lose his weapon in a pond followed by a water spirit offering to help him find it. Lying to the spirit would result in death by tsunami.
- Made of Explodium: The leader explodes when shot by Jack Justified by Akasha directly stating that this would happen if you shot a human with the pistol.
- Only Six Faces: More like two, every human uses the same basic face and every spirit looks the same except for coloration and a small emblem on their bodies.
- Palette Swap: The leader is what happens when you take Per, press ctrl+i in Photoshop and give him beige skin again.
- Precision F-Strike: Per gives one to the leader before dueling him.
- Punny Name: Fuyu is a snow spirit or Snöande in Swedish, snöande means snowing too.
- Shout-Out: To Sällskpsresan 2: Snowroller when Per tells the car from COII to go to Katzbergen, the name of the alp village where most of that movie takes place. It is also completely fictional.
- Talking to Himself: Briefly happens when Jack asks Fuyu a question since the both of them have the same voice actor. This also happens between Per and the leader.