The King Of Pigs
(돼지의 왕; Dwaejiui wang) is a 2011 animated film from Korea. Failed businessman Kyung-min has just murdered his wife and decides to meet up with his best friend from middle school, struggling writer Jong-suk whom he hasn't seen in 15 years.
In middle school Jong-suk and Kyung-min were at the bottom of the pecking order as the 'pigs', constantly tormented by their richer classmates, the 'dogs'.
All this seemed to change when a new classmate Kim Chul arrived who stood up againtst the 'dogs'. He takes Jong-suk and Kyung-min under his tutelage becoming the titular 'King of the Pigs'.
Gradually it is revelaed what happened 15 years ago.
The film provides examples of:
- Adults Are Useless: The teachers are corrupt and implied to be on the rich kids side.
- Animal Motifs: Pigs and dogs
- Bad Ass: Kim Chul can take om multiple toughs by himself.
- Bully Hunter: Kim Chul. Decontructed as his actions frequently only make things wore.
- Disappeared Dad: Averted. Kim Chul and his mother find his fathers body in the morgue.
- Driven to Suicide: Kyung-min. What seems to be the case with Kim Chul.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Jong-suk
- Kids Are Cruel: Taken to disturbingly realistic heights.
- The Reveal: Kim Chul wanted to commit suicide in public on graduation day to spite the bullies but couldn't go through with it. A desperate Jong-suk pushed him. Kyung-min was the only one who saw this. .
- Son of a Whore: Kim Chul.