Reksio is a Polish character from the TV animated series by the same title. Reksio was created by a Polish director Lechosław Marszałek. The cartoon featuring this character was made in years 1967-1990 by Studio Filmów Rysunkowych in Bielsko-Biała. All episodes describe adventures of a friendly, piebald dog named Reksio, with his animal friends - hens, cats, other dogs and their owners. Almost each episode lasted about 10 minutes (with exception to episode Reksio remontuje ("Reksio renovates") which lasted almost 12 minutes).This cartoon has been adapted into books (which were published by Wydawnictwo PIK and later by Papilon Publicat (previously Wydawnictwo Posiedlik-Raniowski i Spółka).) and the PC games made and published by Aidem Media.Episodes are available via YouTube search.
Tropes featured include:
- Character Title
- Disability Superpower: In episode Reksio terapeuta ("Reksio the Therapist"), a cockerel using toy car as wheelchair develops strong wings (from pushing it) and learns to fly. He saves his brother from a hawk.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In the first episode called Reksio poliglota ("Reksio the Polyglot"), Reksio wore a black collar (which was absent in following episodes) and his master slightly looked like a stick figure. Also, the first six episodes were probably pilots to the series, so they didn't feature the well known theme song.
- Instrumental Theme Tune
- Mime and Music-Only Cartoon
- Nearly Normal Animal: Of the Largely Normal kind. Reksio is obviously intelligent, occasionally has human-like mannerisms, can hold things as if with hands and walk on two legs, but behaves mostly like a dog and cannot speak with humans.
- No Export for You: Most of PC games and books featuring him haven't been published outside Europe.
- 65-Episode Cartoon