Animation / Kodama
, also known as Plantimon
, is a 2012 Chinese children's animated series created by Boruntoon.
The story is about a boy named Di Sang who encountered and cooperated a unknown girl named Princess Cocoa. They and their Kodama allies must stop a threat that could destroy the environment, as well as corrupted Kodamas.
Released in July, 2012, it ran with 33 episodes and was a moderate success, establishing toys and an online game. On March 2013, a full-series spinoff was announced, called Mystic Greens Shadow War
Kodama provides examples of:
- Animesque: It has anime-inspired visuals.
- Badass Adorable: The Kodamas in general. Small and cute, yet they are strong forces of nature.
- Bullet Seed: Several Kodamas shoot seeds as an attack.
- Darker and Edgier: The spinoff Mystic Greens series may indicate this, especially season 2.
- Five-Episode Pilot: Though it more than five episodes it still acts as a pilot series for the longer Mystic Greens series.
- Green Aesop: The main theme of the series.
- Limited Animation: The 2D flash character animation falls into this due to it being made in small studio.
- Magic Wand: Princess Cocoa's circlet can turn into a floral-designed wand.
- Monster of the Week: The corrupted Kodamas and the monsters they have created.
- Spin to Deflect Stuff: Ula does the "spin your whole body" variant to deflect projectiles.
- Walking Wasteland: The monster the Blue Flower Kodama created early in the series.
- Wolverine Claws: Di Sang's Kodama uses this to finish off an enemy.