A 2002 animated film adapted from "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
", and produced by Joseph Lai of Space Thunder Kids
and Beauty and Warrior
fame. Need we say more?
's least favourite piece of animation ever.
This film provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: One of the thieves is wearing a Batman shirt, for starters.
- Conspicuous CG: Pretty much all of the backgrounds.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Likely an unintended one; a giant hammer can be seen for one frame well before it's brandished.
- Limited Animation
- No Ending: After the leader of the gold raiders gets tied up and cries out for help, the title appears and the credits roll.
- Off Model: Among its other transgressions, a giant hammer can be seen for one frame well before it's brandished.
- Plagiarism: They ripped off the song "Prince Ali" from Aladdin, albeit in MIDI form.
- Plot Hole: It's not explained how the gold raiders found Ali Baba's house.
- Spared by the Adaptation: See below.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After the gold raiders find Cassim in their cave, he disappears from the story. In the original story, the thieves killed him.