- Reasons: 2D, Sonic only for Episode 1, hints of Tails and Knuckles for Episode 2, direct sequel to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, being co-developed by Dimps and the original senior level designer for Sonic 3 & Knuckles, playable Super Sonic in all levels◊, and Sega actually responding to complaints about a leaked beta version by retooling the game and removing what was shaping up to be a Scrappy Mechanic.
- The confirmation that Episode II is completely reworking the physics in response to the complaints about Episode I. Also the confirmation that Episode II will have Tails as a playable character in 2-Player mode.
- New screenshots have been released!
- Online Co-op for Episode 2 confirmed!
- "Lock-On" between Episodes 1 and 2 confirmed. Connecting the Episodes together unlocks a bonus Episode called "Episode Metal", allowing you to play as Metal Sonic in 4 exclusive levels - Specifically, the Episode 1 levels, with updated level designs and physics engine!
- Judging by the fact that Episode 1 had Sonic the Hedgehog's special stage and Episode 2 had Sonic the Hedgehog 2's special stage, fans are now rejoicing that episode 3 will probably have Blue Sphere.
And The Fandom Rejoiced / Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Sequel Gap, we now have a sidescrolling Sonic game that's the first numbered sequel to Sonic 3. The rest? Goes without saying.After such a long