- Sega Superstars Tennis? It's just gonna be a lame tennis ga—WAIT A MINUTE, is that Ulala? And Beat??? Oh HELL YEAH! Looks like Sega still cares about them after all!
- Whoa, Alex Kidd? Alex Fucking Kidd? Shit just got real!
- Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing? Eh, just another Mario Kart clone... Hold the phone, Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue is playable? And he can drive a forklift? Wow, Sega hasn't forgotten about Shenmue!
- While many were glad to see Metal Sonic as DLC, it was the unexpected cameo from Ristar on the Death Egg stage that got fans jumping. Although he isn't playable, many enjoyed the fact that Sega didn't forget about the cute 'lil star man after 17 years (give or take).
- Man, I wish Sega would give sequels to their other ga—HOLD IT! IS THAT AMIGO, BILLY, BEAT, AND THE BONANZA BROTHERS IN THE GAME! I CAN WAIT 10 MORE YEARS!
- Wait, do I see Yoyo in the crowd at some of the JSRF tracks? Yes, that is Yoyo! OH MY GOD YES!!!
- So Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing is getting a sequel...transforming vehicles? Sounds like Mario Kart 7-holy heck, Gilius Thunderhead is back? VYSE?!? And a Panzer Dragoon track even with a fantastic remix of the iconic Flight theme!?! This is gonna rock.
- The follow up annoucement that long time SEGA composer Richard Jacques is composing the game's music, and whereas the original featured the direct music from each game for it's tracks, Mr Jacques is going to remix music for each track in this game. Oh yes.
- The original Shinobi Joe Musashi is also back. With a Shinobi track featuring Shinobi III tunes!
- Danica Patrick as a racer? Ho-hum... wait... is that...? Wreck-It Ralph?! In my SEGA racing game?!
- The greater variety in tracks. While Sonic gets 3, they're each from a different game and there's a much broader scope of IP environments for the tracks, such as Skies of Arcadia, Panzer Dragoon and Burning Rangers. Seeing them and others revived with modern day graphics sent fans all aflutter.
- Ristar is the flagman! Oh hell yes!
- The final unlock, AGES, is a fusion of multiple games and a Dreamcast controller rolled into one. It must be seen to be believed.
- Segata Sanshiro is shown in the background of a track, STILL holding off the missile! HE'S ALIVE!!!!!
- For the PC version, at least, Ryo Hazuki is now playable!
And The Fandom Rejoiced / Sega Superstars
With the character rosters of Sega characters old and new, the Sega Superstars series makes it impossible to disappoint fans.