And The Fandom Rejoiced: Project X Zone
So 3DS is getting something called Project X Zone
, which is like Namco X Capcom, but also throwing Sega in. This announcement is already enough to make the fandom rejoice
- Hm, the rosters...wait is that Sanger Zonvolt, The Sword That Smites Evil!? And he's kicking ass with a human-sized Zankantou on foot!? Wow!
- Those who dislike the treatment to X lately will also be pleased that yes, he's in along with Zero. However Capcom may be treating him, Monolith remembers X.
- New trailer show what X is capable of. He ends a combo in the trailer with a Shinkuu Hadouken, as a Call Back to the Easter Egg from the first game!
- Even better: During his part of the trailer, his final attack is the Nova Strike with the ULTIMATE ARMOR.
- More fuel to the fire, Vile is a boss in the game.
- Hell, just look at the characters confirmed for this game! Yuri and Estelle, Ulala, Dante, Jin and Xiaoyu and Kite and Black Rose. The best part? As of right now, there are still tons more to be announced!
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's the trailer.
- Enemy NPC's have been announced, let's see who we get to fight... Juri!? Vile/VAVA!? Selvaria!? Oh dear, oh dear...!
- They also introduced probably non-playable allies, and they aren't pulling their punches...Iris is announced, cue the fans rejoicing for either preventing her tragic death...or having a modern "WHATAMIFIGHTINGFOOOOORRR!?"
- The second trailer. That is all.
- Speaking of the second trailer, quite a few people were very happy to hear that X would have "Opening Stage X" from Mega Man X4 as a BGM. Also, after the ridiculousness of giving him the "Theme of Adam the Clown", it was good to know that this time, Frank West would be given his theme from his first game.
- And now Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada has decided to propose for a localization of the game. Athough nothing is concrete, he said that if he continues pushing, his wishes (and the fans') would be realized. No Export for You No More!
- The addition of Rocks was certainly received pretty well by fans.
- So this game is fun and all, but- Wait a second, "The Gain Ground Project"? They based an entire level off Gain Ground? With a remix of its theme tune? Dear God, Monolith dug deep for Sega references!