The Raccoon Tail: it used to fly
, it used to float
, and now it flies once again.
A new old-school Mario
throwback was announced, then fully revealed as New Super Mario Bros. 2
... And the Fandom Rejoiced
- The return of the non-tanooki Raccoon Tail (pictured above) is this for both nostalgic value (as it's even more iconic than the 3D Land-featured Tanooki Suit) and gameplay value (it doesn't simply slow your fall this time, it flies).
- The flying powerup's comeback comes alongside the obligatory P-Charge bar, on the bottom-left corner of the screen as it was back in the Super Mario Bros. 3 days.
- Luigi was confirmed to be in the game on Nintendo's Facebook page almost as soon as the game was fully revealed. This implies that the game is reaching the end of its development pretty fast.
- Luigi is unlockable in Single Player mode.
- This game will be released at retail and the Nintendo eShop simultaneously, making it the first major Nintendo title to ever have a digital release.
- Looks like◊ Reznor's Bus Came Back. About time!
- The Koopalings have returned once again,◊ and it looks like they're here to stay.
- Okay, the game is out, now why there's a notification in my 3DS... okay, Nintendo's bragging about the game's success like last week, players worldwide have collected a grand total of 100 billion coins, Blah Blah Blah... wait, what? Did you just say you re-opened all the Toad Houses as your way to celebrate this? Wow — of course, the fact that Toad Houses being open is tied to Nintendo's decision isn't that great — but still, that's awfully nice of you! Thanks!
- They did it again for the 300 billion coins, but maybe they can give us more than... what's this, "Golden Classic Course Pack"? Wait, is it... a Nostalgia Level pack given away for free?! And the three levels featured are, in order, Super Mario Bros.' 1-1 (with 1-2 as its underground part), Super Mario Bros. 3's 1-1 and the first castle (1-4) from Super Mario Bros., thus giving us the chance to face Bowser without having to face the Final Boss?!? We'd say "take my money, Nintendo", but this is given away for free... and it's available until February 2013!!!