The Final Fantasy
fandom waited for a Super Smash Bros.
-like clash between the various games' universes. Then, in the late 2000s, it happened with Dissidia: Final Fantasy
. Take a wild guess for their reaction: And the Fandom Rejoiced
- Long story short, let's just say every title (except XIII, for good reasonnote )
- There's a sequel, Lightning is going to be in it, and so are Kain Highwind, Tifa, Aerith, Laguna, Yuna, Vaan, and Gilgamesh for crying out loud! Oh, also Prishe.
- World map!◊ Squee!!
- Dissidia 012 will be released in Japan on March 3rd. It will be released on March 23rd in North American and March 25th in Europe. This means Square-Enix's usual practice of taking forever to localize their games will finally be defied with all regions getting the game inside a month of each other. It also means for once, there will likely be no new bonus features adds to the NA and PAL releases, and thus the likelihood of a Final Mix-type re-release in Japan is low.
- Yes, North America and the EU are getting Prologus, for just as much as it cost Japan, and we get Aerith too! Huzzah, averted tropes!
- Sephiroth. Kingdom Hearts DLC costume.◊ That One Boss made playable. That is all.
- The PlayStation Network (and by association the PlayStation Store) going down was something many thought would delay DLC being released in Japan, and REALLY delay it being released in America, but come Store-is-back-on day, almost ALL of the new DLC announced is out.
- Though a comparatively minor one, Aerith fans were pleased when Andrea Bowen returned to voice Aerith, seemingly indicating she's a permanent replacement for the universally despised Mena Suvari.