And The Fandom Rejoiced: Capcom vs. Whatever
Marvel vs. Capcom
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. I'll say that again. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 3.
Ten years laterAfter a decade of demand, Capcom has done the impossible. In the words of Yipes, IT'S MAHVEL, BAYBEE!
- Hello, Thor, though we saw that coming. Hello, Amaterasu, whom we didn't, but sure ain't complaining!
- And hey, finally a Resident Evil crossover character who's not Jill for a change! It's Chris Redfield, baby!
- Tron Bonne and Viewtiful Joe are making an encore appearance from MvC2 and TvC, respectively. Who are you, and what the hell have you done with Capcom?
- Now, Spider-Man (who was previously thought to not get in, due to licensing issues) and Wesker have arrived!
- Mag. Freakin' Neto. IS BACK!!!
- From the same reveal trailer, Nathan "Rad" Spencer. While there is some hostility towards the inclusion of the "dreadlocks, wifebeater, and jeans" incarnation of Spencer from the Darker and Edgier 2009 game over his classic depiction, most are glad that the series is finally getting some long overdue representation.
- Mega Man X disconfirmed as a character? This is gonna be the worst game eve-ZERO?! (Note: Trailer also contains She-Hulk. Don't lose focus.)
- Finally, Mayor Mike Haggar has returned to the Capcom fighting scene in a crossover fighter...for the very first time!
- Whoa Capcom, Just Morrigan and Felicia? Wait a minute...HSIEN-KO!!! Ni-hao!!!
- Is that...SENTINEL!!! TEN MORE YEARS, BAYBEE!!!
- Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Hold up. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? I can understand the Capcom Sequel Stagnation, but with a Vs. title? It's only been five months since the vanilla version came out, for cryin' out loud! What's that, you say? Ghost Rider, Strider Hiryu, Hawkeye, and Firebrand, plus eight more characters?! We'll never speak of this conversation again.
- AND PHOENIX. WRIGHT. The fandom has been BEGGING for this. The addition of Frank is pretty sweet too.
- Frank West and Zero in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars instantly convinced hordes of people who did not care about the game in the first place to buy a copy.
- And think, "Huh... maybe I won't have to mod my Wii and/or import the original Japanese version after all..."note
- Who cares, we got Tekkaman Blade!!
- There were rumors, as crazy as they may seem, but at San Diego Comic-Con 2010 they were confirmed when producer Katsuhiro Harada joined Yoshinori Ono on stage...Street Fighter. Versus Tekken. In a game called, appropriately enough, Street Fighter X Tekken. And then they actually played a round of Ryu vs. Kazuya and, despite all odds, it looked to fit together fairly well. Then came the tag team Ultra Comboes and the room erupted in cheers.
- Supposedly there will be two different versions of the game. The one shown at Comic-Con with the SF gameplay (Street Fighter x Tekken), and the other version being made with Tekken gameplay (Tekken x Street Fighter).
- Guile? Dhalsim? Yawn, seen it all befo-wait a minute, pink hair, a police hat, red heels...POISON?!? Finally playable at long last!
- And then Rolento was confirmed.