And The Fandom Rejoiced: Capcom
- Capcom attempted an Author's Saving Throw by announcing six social games for iOS. Why is this notable? Because Capcom, joining the Playstation All Stars Battle Royale bandwagon, are making their own "Capcom All-stars" game (think Capcom Vs. Just Capcom), with Classic (Pre-Reboot) Dante and Mega Man in it (after coming this close to refusing to acknowledge their existence). That is, only to screw it up by announcing it would stay Japan-only. As one "Neo GAF" member put it:
"So if it's their own in-house Japan only thing, classic Dante is ok!"
- Not to fear, Western fans: Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. should more than make up for it.
- *ahem*....Resident Evil 6 As if that wasn't enough to get fans excited, the trailer revealed Leon S. Kennedy and Chris Redfield returning in the same game. But both badass protagonist appearances pale in comparison to the return of...wait for it...Sherry Birkin! That sound you hear? Millions of RE fans throwing money at the screen.
- Oh...and zombies are back!
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2, huh? You mean Claire's finally coming back? Awesome! And her partner is Barry Burton's daughter? Well, it's a nice Continuity Nod, but not as cool as having the big guy himse- wait, BARRY'S GONNA BE IN IT, TOO?! Hell yes!
- So they have an announcement for San Diego Comic-Con, eh? Wonder what they'll show this time...wait. Is that...holy shit, a new Strider game?!
- Face it, before it was announced as an Xbox One exclusive, Many people thought "Dead Rising 3 is being made? Grab me some duct-tape and Let's kick some ass!" then after Microsoft decided to go back on its game restrictions for the Xbox One, Fans were even happier to find that The world is much bigger and prettier with no loading, you can turn the timer on and off, the Zombies are smarter, No zombie or survivor will be exactly the same and you can make a combo weapon anywhere you want!
- Capcom managed to drum up more hype by revealing the reward for beating Nightmare mode: the First Armor from Mega Man X, complete with arm cannon!
- Monster Hunter:
- So Monster Hunter Tri G will be released on the Wii U as well, huh? Considering Capcom still hasn't released Portable 3rd or Tri G in the west, it will probably just stay in Japan. Wait, both the Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS versions are going to be released in the west?!
- Monster Hunter 4G? Monster Hunter 4 didn't even get released outside of Japan, and Capcom Sequel Stagnation is already happening again. Wait a minute, it's going to get an international release!
- Well a port of Resident Evil 4 is coming to Steam. Eh, it'll probably be a rehashing of the crappy PC port from 2007—wait, IT'S GOING TO BE THE ULTIMATE HD EDITION AND IT WILL RUN IN 60 FRAMES-PER-SECOND (if your system can handle it) WITH PROPER MOUSE AND KEYBOARD CONTROLS?! REJOICE, PC PLAYERS, THERE MAY BE A PORT OF RE4 WORTH PLAYING AFTER ALL!!
- So, Capcom's announced a DmC: Definitive Edition game, huh? Yawn-o-rama. I mean, even if you put new Dante in old Dante's clothes, you're not going to make him any more likable. Hang on, 'one more thing?' What else coul... is that Vergil? Pre-reboot Vergil? Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition?!? I don't care if it's a remake of a game released on the previous console generation (360, PS3), it's more non-reboot Devil May Cry!
- And now that the trailer's dropped, we can see not only is Vergil playable, but Lady and Trish both are too! It's great enough to see Trish making another playable appearance after Devil May Cry 2, but to see Lady finally getting a playable role? Fantastic. Oh, and they're bringing back Legendary Dark Knight Mode from the PC Version!