The anime differs from the manga, in the way certain characters are portrayed and by substituting filler arcs in place of some of the manga's key story events:
character specific changesTakeru
- Manga: In chapter 53, Himegami reveals that Takeru's Blood Pointer ability is proof that he's distantly related to her father and brother, who also possessed it.
- Anime: Takeru is changed to being the reincarnation of Himegami's brother (episode 4).
- Manga: She drives the plot, complete with her own character arcnote and she's Usui's love interest.
- Anime: She has no plot relevancy, her past is never revealed, and she has little involvement with Usui.
- Manga: She became a lesbian after suffering a traumatic event that left her androphobic.
- Anime: Her phobia is downplayed to the point of being almost nonexistent, to have her instantly become smitten with Akaya. It's only referenced indirectly during episode 10 (season 2), in which Yuuka sets her up on a date with Azukinote to try to help Takaki face her fear.
- Manga: Her heart (and her loins) are set firmly on Haruko.
- Anime: During season 2, she comes to accept that Haruko is in love with Takeru and gives up trying to pursue her.
- Manga: She's fully aware of how the male students think of her and is shown to be self-conscious because of it.
- Anime: Complete 180º, she has no idea — even when they're blatantly staring at her chest, or looking up her skirt.
- Manga: She's indifferent towards Akaya.
- Anime: For reasons unknown, she's terrified of him.
plot related changesChapter 8
- Manga: Yuuka prevents Azuki and Yan-Min from fighting by proposing they settle their dispute with a game instead. So she sets up a hockey match in the pool to manipulate both teams into cleaning it. Then set the rules to ensure the match ended in a draw.
- Anime: They settle it with an indoor volleyball match instead, which served no purpose other than to show off both team's level of power. It ends with Yuuka declaring it a draw, once the gym roof gets destroyed.
- Manga: Akaya has the Twins capture Himegami, then uses her leverage to coerce Azuki, Haruko, Inaho, and Takeru, to battle the Venus Unit — so he could assess the Tenbi students' level of ability.
- Anime: The entire arc is replaced by a 2-episode finale, in which Haruko is abducted by Otohime Yamato. After being rescued by the Venus Unit, they open a portal for her so she can hurry back to the Academy in order to save it from Takeru, who'd become possessed by his Blood Pointer ability.
- The OVA loosely adapts the same story, but makes the following changes:
- Celia uses Inversion on Takeru in a fit of jealousy, after catching him on the couch with Ms. Akinote .
- When Takeru regains consciousness and realizes he's been turned into a girl, he's shockednote .
- Adds scene of Takeru trying out her new body by masturbating in the bathroomnote .
- Adds a bath scenenote .
- Scene where Haruko wakes up and finds girl-Takeru sleeping facedown between her legs, changed so Haruko shoves her away when Takeru wakes up and tries to suck her breastnote .
- Celia tells Takeru he has to kiss a girl to undo the Inversion's effectnote .
- Near the end, the girls take turns smacking Takeru around the room, causing him to repeatedly change gender each time he kisses one of themnote .
- It ends with Haruko kissing Takeru on the cheek to change him back, once the other girls are gone. Though the stinger reveals Usui had also been affected by Celia's Inversion and is still a girlnote .