Analysis: Deader Than Disco
Here are some examples:
- Any work that suffers from The Chris Carter Effect. The audience might abandon it when they don't feel like anything has been resolved.
- Works that are created to showcase new special-effects, technologies or techniques when they inevitably become outdated.
- Any Work where the Franchise Original Sin becomes a major problem.
- Works that suffer from Values Dissonance.
- Works that unironically use Discredited Tropes, or DeadHorse Tropes.
- Works that have over-annoying fans.
- Works where the target demographic grows out of them.
- The works of a Fallen Creator.
- Works that suffer from Harsher in Hindsight or Funny Aneurysm Moments.
- Works that address topics that were controversial at the time, but became old hat later on.
- Works that suffer from Seinfeld Is Unfunny, where they have been copied so much that they don't seem original.
- Works that rely on a Gimmick, when the gimmick grows old, or is copied too much.
- Long Runners if they: