For us, alas, good is no less terrible than evil. We can only trust our honor and try to keep our balance.
SiblingsEver notice how many pairs of siblings there are in these books, and how their different sibling dynamics are such an important part of what drives the plot? Pairs of siblings that we have:
- Jame and Tori (fraternal twins; and with a half-brother in Bane)
- Gerridon and Jamethiel (fraternal twins)
- Gerridon and Glendar (half-brothers)
- Brant and Brenwyr (fraternal twins)
- Tirandys and Terribend (and a half-brother in Keral)
- Greshan and Ganth
- Kallystine and Lyra
- Essien and Essiar (identical twins)
- Sheth and Bear
- Ishtier and Anar
- Penari and Theocandi
- Men-dalis and Dally
- Kibben and Kibbet
Your parents and upbringing don't define youNotice how all three of the will-be Tyr-ridan, the trinity of God avatars, are the children of the Fall, of Gerridon or Jamethiel Dream-weaver? And they were all created just to keep Gerridon immortal, to feed him with souls. And all their upbringings were evil in different ways; Jame in the Master's House, Torisen in the exiles' Keep with crazy, homicidal Ganth, and Kindrie with Rawneth and the Priests' College.