Intentionally invoked by the creators
to make when the series takes place ambiguous
, largely as a nod to Batman's invention in The Thirties
- The buildings are all (or mostly) Art Deco style.
- Gangsters wear fedoras and tend to use Thompson submachine guns.
- Computers, VCR and video games are common, yet television broadcasts are in black and white.
- Nobody objects to women having careers or Lucious Fox, a black man, being in a prominent position at Wayne Enterprises.
- Uniforms are 1960s- era and SWAT teams exist, but weapons are 1920s-70s.
- Cars are 1930s-40s, Liebherr-type cranes exist, helicopters are from the 1980s.