Advertising: The Simpsons
The Simpsons is a very profitable series that has very many advertising campaigns based on it (the majority of which are archived as special features on the season DVD releases).
- Burger King Ads for both Simpsons themed kid meals as well as The Simpsons Movie
- Many, many Butterfinger advertisments. This campaign is by far the most well-known Simpsons advertising campaign.
- Multiple CC-Lemon commercials. These are very well-known in Japan.
- Multiple CC's crisps (no relation) commercials
- Two Church's chicken commercials
- Domino's Pizza
- Universal Studios
Tropes used in The Simpsons' advertising campaigns
- All Just a Dream:
- Bart has a nightmare that the Kwik-E-Mart is fresh out of Butterfinger bars and that Nelson gives him "four-fingers".
- An older advertisement places Bart in a nightmare that his family ties him to his bed and raids his drawer of his Butterfinger BB's,note with help from Krusty, Mr. Burns, Smithers, and Otto.
- Butt Monkey: Homer in pretty much all of these commercials
- Early-Bird Cameo: Milhouse first appeared in a 1988 Butterfinger commercial, a year before his actual debut on the show.
- Exact Words: This gem:Homer: "I'm gonna open my mouth and close my eyes and you're gonna give me a big surprise." (Bart sticks Maggie's pacifier in Homer's mouth)
- In another commercial, Bart's playing a Baseball game, and Homer seizes the opportunity to take his Butterfinger bar. Otto yells "Hit a homer, dude!" Bart hits the ball, and it goes into the bleachers... which hits HOMER (complete with "D'oh!"), who drops the Butterfinger bar back into Bart's hands.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Homer getting Bart's Butterfinger bars. Hell, anyone trying to get Bart's Butterfingers. Akira, a skilled karate fighter, gets absolutely destroyed when he attempts to take Bart's Butterfinger. Subverted with Lisa and Maggie, both of whom were shown to actually succeed in getting Bart's Butterfinger a few times, and Bart was also shown sharing his Butterfingers with his sisters a few times without hesitation.
- Follow the Leader: Burger King featured the first Simpsons related ads during the first season, one for plush versions of the family and one for kids meal toys based on the Camping episode.
- Naked People Are Funny:
- Homer walks out of the house without his pants in a CC-Lemon commercial.
- "CC's Dare 2": Homer runs through the power plant completely nude. He then trips on a power cord, causing a city-wide blackout.
- Homer loses his swim shorts in "CC's Dare 23".
- Slippery Swimsuit: Homer cannonballs in the ocean off a cliff in "CC's Dare 23". He loses his swim trunks.
- Split-Screen Reaction: Bart and Homer get one when they hear the supermarket they're shopping at only has one Butterfinger left.
- Tempting Fate: Bart exclaims "How much luckier could a kid get?" when a Church's bag falls in his hand. Then a piggy bank (not knowing it's actually his, being oblivious to Homer's attempts to get Church's chicken) also falls into his hand, to which Bart comments, "That'll work."