"Long live what brought us all to this party in the first place: Play. And I believe in that as much as I believe in my no-look flaming crossbow shot."A series of commercials run by Sony to promote the PS3 and PSP Exclusive games, based around the character of Kevin Butler (played by Jerry Lambert), a Sony VP in charge of everything from First Person Shooter Relations to Add More Awesome. The ads were widely praised for their humorous content as opposed to Sony's previous PS3 Ads.
The ads contain examples of:
- Action Duo: Kevin and the Best Buy guy.
- Badass Mustache: Kevin sports one in his ModNation Racers commercial.
- Lock and Load Montage: Two words for you: Mon Tage.
- Rule of Funny
- Montages: A PlayStation 3 commercial claimed "montage" is two words.Customer: Dear PlayStation! Just got my PS3! So whatcha got?
Kevin Butler: What do I got? Two words: mon, tage.
- Take That: After the release of the PlayStation Move Butler said that "Many people think motion control is just for kids." shooting at the Nintendo Wii and it's signature controller. After the release of the Kinect Kevin said in an ad "Oh look. Buttons!" referencing the fact that he is still holding a controller.
- Worthy Opponent: "Well played, Mauer."
"Boom to the power of boom"