open/close all folders
- Two characters from Dan's junior high comics appear in a strip or two of El Goonish Shive. Subverted because all they do is point this fact out.
- Darths & Droids has Chancellor Valorum as such an over-the-top Evil Chancellor that he yells "Kneel before Valorum!", as a reference to Zod from the Superman film. Both Chancellor Valorum and Zod were played by Terence Stamp, whom the authors felt "deserved some slightly more memorable lines." The "GM plans" also had Valorum originally named as "Zod".
- In a Concerned strip, Dr. Breen is seen reading a news paper and mentioning there is an I Spy marathon running that night. In Half-Life 2, Dr. Breen was voiced by Robert Culp, who played Kelly Robinson in I Spy.
- Given how Friendship is Magic fan artist Egophiliac created the "ponies in socks" meme, naturally a pair show up in her Interactive Comic blog Moonstuck.
- In Roommates and Girls Next Door (so pretty much standard for the Buildingverse), because both are Mega Crossover Fan Webcomics, this is bound to happen more or less regularly. Like: James Norrington can't stand the face of Legolas (Orlando Bloom), or Elizabeth Swann who can't place why Sweeney (Johnny Depp) looks so familiar or why Tony Stark just can't get Jake Jensen's name right (Chris Evans).
- In the Irregular Webcomic! "Espionage" theme, during the From Russia with Love parody, James Stud comments to Kerim Bey that he'll never see either of the wrestling gypsy women again, and Bey replies "I'm Nassau sure about that". In the film, one of the women was played by Martine Beswick, who later played Paula Caplan in the Nassau scenes of Thunderball.
- This Celestia's Servant Interview comic interviews Cheese Sandwich, so of course there are several references to "Weird Al" Yankovic songs.
- In JesuOtaku's review of Princess Tutu, he says, "I see a host club in someone's future..." on a clip of Femio.
- Canadian Flash master Ian Kirby of Broken Saints fame makes a cameo on the DVD voice tracks as a Canadian soldier.
- One KateModern video posted by Gavin is entitled "Half the Week Away", a reference to Oasis' "Half the World Away", the Theme Song to The Royle Family. Gavin is played by Ralf Little, who played Antony in The Royle Family.
- Kajetokun is the author, actor, and editor of several famous You Tube Poops. A Day In Draculas Life has the lord of evil panicing over the arrival of longtime rival. He accidentally calls Belmont "Ballmont." Kajetokun is also the author of the "Over Nine Thousand" meme.
- Episode 3 of Anime Olympics has Steve being beat up by his costar at any negative comments on Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. Of course, said costar just happens to be Nanoha's VA Cristina Valenzuela.
- Between the three of them, Felicia Day, Neil Patrick Harris, and Nathan Fillion have done this on multiple occasions.
Nathan: "I heard your last doctor was horrible. I hope you find my offices more to your liking."
- In Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, Penny says to Capitain Hammer "I wonder what you're captain of?" during the song A Man's Gotta Do. This is a reference to his role as Captain Mal.
- Also in Dr. Horrible, Neil Patrick Harris 's line "to make the whole world kneel" invokes the homonym with his name (kneel/Neil).
- In the musical episode of The Legend of Neil, a Zelda parody, she plays the Fairy, stating rather casually that she's "not really into online musicals", referencing her role in Dr. Horrible. She, of course, makes this statement just before bursting into song.
- In Neils Puppet Dreams, Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris have the following exchange:
- This entry borders between this and a bout of comedic prophesy: in LittleKuriboh's flagship work, an episode shows Tristan coming up on a motorcycle, and when he's asked about it, he replies: 'In the Future, card games will be played on motorbikes.' Fast Forward to the Dub release of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds, and we see Frank Frankson, Tristan's voice actor cast as the lead character of said show, Yusei Fudo.
- This video features the Bee Bee Gun from BioShock being used against a Big Daddy while the infamous "no not the bees" line from the remake of The Wicker Man with Nicolas Cage is played. Now, Mr. Cage has played a Big Daddy before...
- In one Two Best Friends Play video, when Matt and Pat are playing Captain America: Super Soldier they come across a picture of pre-Red Skull Hugo Weaving. They take turns wondering why Elrond, Agent Smith, Megatron, and V would have portraits in a German castle before running out of Hugo Weaving movies they can remember.
- For Halloween, 80's Dan dressed up as another Brad Jones character, The Cinema Snob.
- And the next year, he dressed up as "A Kid from the Nineties".
- One scene in Ponies The Anthology III shows Applejack singing "Maps" by Hey Ocean (the band Ashleigh Ball is the lead singer of)
- In The Super Pony Power Hour, Pinkie Pie makes the face of Andrea Libman, triggering the Inception sound.
- A mockumentary DC Douglas posted about his and Steve Blum's fake feud at one point depicted Blum with Wolverine Claws, a reference to Blum being Marvel's go-to voice actor for most projects involving Wolverine since 2004.
- The TFWiki.net has made referneces to the actors who been involved in the entire franchise.
- Atop the Fourth Wall:
- When Linkara reviewed Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines for, he calls Smiling Jack Bender.
- His review of Nightmares on Elm Street issues 5-6 had referred to Robert Englund's role as Willie.
- During The Movie, Allen is shown looking at the Team Four Star website. He also mentions that he's a fan of Dragon Ball Z and says "god damn it" upon seeing a box labeled "Nappa".
- Upon the opening narration for the final issue of All-Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder calling Gotham a cloud city, Linkara says he buys it as Billy Dee Williams was once Harvey Dent.
- His "The Reason You Suck" Speech towards Mentor Jii for the History of Power Rangers video detailing Power Rangers Samurai ended with him calling Jii "a sack of Grumm."
- Random Assault: In the Halloween Episode, after Slabflapper talks for the first time, the other hosts tell Mitch to shut up, then he defends himself, having not actually said anything. Slabflapper in reality is voiced by Mitch.
- Zerochan.net (a fan art compilation site dedicated to Anime and Manga) has a search tag called Voice Actor Connection.