Actor Allusion: Music Videos
Examples of Actor Allusions in Music Videos.
- The Reba McEntire music video "Every Other Weekend" features a divorced couple played by JoAnna Garcia and Steve Howey, who played Reba's daughter Cheyenne and her husband Van on her sitcom.
- David Bowie's Hard Rock group Tin Machine made a video for "You Belong in Rock and Roll" in which, among other things, Bowie poses in front of a mirror. At one point, he brings a pair of tweezers up to his eye, as if he were about to pluck something from it. This references an important scene in The Man Who Fell to Earth, in which it turned out that his character was removing something — namely, the contact lenses that disguised his alien eyes.
- The Great Luke Ski spends an entire verse of One Night In Quarks Bar making one reference to Principle Snyder, Armin Shimmerman's character in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- The video for "Lift Me Up" wasn't the first time Geri Halliwell bonded with a group of aliens who were fans of her
- The video for Avril Lavigne's "Rock N Roll" features (then 38 years old) Danica McKellar as a character called "Winnie Cooperre". She shares a lesbian kiss with Avril, and then Avril does a voiceover saying "It was the first kiss for both of us. We never really talked about it afterward. But I think about the events of that day again and again, and somehow I know Winnie does too". This is a direct quote from the pilot episode of "The Wonder Years".