Please help me escape from this place
Pronunciation Book is an ongoing alternate reality game that, although starting in 2010, was not known to the public until July 9, 2013. The original videos simply involved a strange male voice teaching people how to pronounce words in the English language. However, the video "How to ask for help in English" simply consisted of the above mentioned quote. After this, the following videos all contained no information on pronunciation, instead containing cryptic messages leading to a 77 Day countdown ending on September 24, 2013.
Pronunciation Book contains examples of:
- Arc Number: 77, of course.
- Arc Words: Something is about to happen in 77 days. Since the beginning of the countdown, this message has appeared at the end of every video since.
- Dramatic Ellipsis: One followed by ten minutes of silence.A: "Did you hear what happened to Nicole?"B: "..."
- Lethal Chef:A/Franco: This dish is David Chang's reimagining of the Sausage McMuffin."B: "It's charitable to call this a "reimagining" of a Sausage McMuffin, Franco."
- Stealth Pun: "How to Pronounce You Chuck and Larry".
- Picky Eater:A: "Chief doesn't like guacamole on his taco."B: "Then he can scoop the guacamole out with his bare hands."
- Wham Episode/Gainax Ending: Horse_ebooks
- How to Pronounce 36. After the entire countdown had consisted of videos of only one or two phrases, 36 unleashed an entire speech, and the fans did rejoice.
- You Wake Up in a Room: It's implied that the narrator is being drugged and forced to read the various words while in captivity- in "How to Ask for Help", he says, "Please help me escape from this place," and in 75 he says, "I'm awake now. Things are clearing up. I'm not saying the words anymore."