Metacortechs, now concluded, was an Alternate Reality Game, set in The Matrix. The game was primarily focused on the misadventures of Beth McConnell, an employee at the titular company where a certain Mr. Anderson once worked. As players delved into the Wired Reality of Metacortechs, a web of crazy began to unfurl around them.
Metacortechs contains examples of:
- Alternate Reality Game
- Cosmic Horror Story - How the world of The Matrix expresses itself in the game.
- Doing It for the Art
- Hey, It's That Guy! - The photo selected for Beth is a stock photo, and thus she shows up every now and then in the strangest places.
- Karma Houdini - Wongmo
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Mind Screw
- New-Age Retro Hippie - Wongmo bills himself as such.
- Only Smart People May Pass - How the hackers communicated with one another.
- Paranormal Investigation
- Solve The Soupcans - Consciously avoided
- Talking through Technique - The desktop wallpapers made by the hacker group were coded references to document drops.
- Underwater Base - Aquapolis.
- Viral Marketing - Subverted, it was a Fan Work, though the timing was quite suspicious.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.