A God Am I: Roleplay
Roleplay has its fair share of God Modding, and people who do it often tell the Game Master out loud that their characters are ridiculously powerful. A lot of them are made by people who either have a large ego and superiority complex or that so only they can have fun, at the expense of everyone else's entertainment. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just like most tropes, this has been done correctly at some point. Sometimes an overly-powerful character can serve as an optional challenge to other characters, but at the same time having little to no relevance to the plot. Sometimes the character in question has a plausible reason for being powerful or how he/she uses said powers. Or if the character itself is interesting and well-developed. That being said though, there are still many offenders of this trope.
- Blackthorn Corporation: General Alan Jericho and Jean-Baptiste, respectively the messiah and a high priest of a demonic cult.
- Shadowside: Whenever someone says this, suffice it to say there's trouble.
- What happens to Darkseid and Superman in World of Heroes.
- Modern Day Alchemist:
- This was unintentionally done by Easan the Mad the Darklord of Vechor in the Ravenloft campaign setting. The citizens of Vechor worship him as a god, despite the fact that this is one of the few things he has never actually claimed. (Although he hasn't denied it either, and he certainly does have powers that seem godlike to them.) Oddly enough, they also know that he's completely insane, although worshipping a mad god doesn't seem to be a problem to them.
- New Dawn RP-Verse has a lot of these guys and gals:
- Cruelly treated, misguided Sarina, who wanted to become a Goddess so she can change things to...make herself good rather than evil, or something.
- Manipulative, hidden agenda executing Ignius, who reigns supreme over an entire dimension, and actually has a relatively solid claim to the title.
- Demonic Conqueror Mihra, who styles himself a God, and possesses a shadowy, devouring force that might be cosmic entropy.
- We Are All Pokémon Trainers has Eon, who being a Latios is part of a species that are considered deities IRP, but he appears to have delusions of being on the same tier of power as legends like Groudon and Dialga.
- The leader of Gregoryisgodistan in a nutshell.