"Beware the Dark Gates," was all that Professor Udite had said in his latest message. The Benders had no idea what this meant until a Story Gate opened up for them. On the other end, they found what appeared to be numerous incomplete Story Gates, but corrupted by dark energy: Dark Gates.
- Avatar: Guess we have to seal these up before they grow to their full size.Sue: And just how are we supposed to do that?Avatar: ...I was hoping Nerdly knew.Krystal: Maybe we won't have to do anything at all. We should probably hide; it's best if they don't know we're here.
- Persona: Hmm...even more useful than I expected. These Gates are still young. They could provide quite a lot of Narrativium if allowed to grow to their full size.
- Debutante: Uh, Persona-chan? I don't think we're alone.Persona: Of course not. Trying to plan a sneak attack?Avatar: Hardly. We were here to seal those gates up, but it's not like we even really knew how. Go ahead; take them.Persona: You're not going to fight us for them?Avatar: These Gates are corrupted. Your mining them for Narrativium can only help us. Not sure if we like the idea of letting them grow to their full size, though...Persona: ...Well, it is a lot of waiting...Avatar: See, we don't have to be enemies. You really seem like good people.Persona: Wh-what we're doing is for our own benefit only! We will have to fight you eventually. We're on opposite sides. Don't you forget that!
- Krystal: I hate to break up your sweet little conversation, but you might want to take a better look at those gates.Avatar: What...oh, shit!
- Avatar: What the heck is that?Andrews: I think it's a member of the Dark Council.Sue: I suppose this means we can't be expecting your help.Persona: Don't be silly. We're working towards the same goal here.Avatar: Knew you'd come around.Persona: Shut up! This is only temporary! It's not like we're going to be friends or anything...Avatar: But...Krystal: Just give it up, Avatar. You can't force her to join us if she doesn't want to.
- Avatar: KRYSTAL!!!
- Persona: She's more than capable of handling herself, should things get too dangerous.Gestalt: Besides...it's kinda fun this way...
- Krystal: Thanks...not that I couldn't have handled it myself...*faint blush, which Avatar doesn't notice*Avatar: No need to thank me. You're part of the team. We should probably help her out, too...Krystal: No problem.
- Persona (to Debutante): Oh, good, you're here. We're all done here.Avatar: Wait, weren't we going to try to work out a way to save your world without ruining ours?!?!Nerdly: I...don't think she heard you.Solo: Now there's an understatement...
- The blatant ship teasing in this episode caused much outcry from fans who were afraid that the developing Love Triangle would ruin the show, possibly irreparably. The writers just coolly reminded that portion of the fandom, "You do know what people tend to do together when they're in love, right?" and the issue more or less died down, aside from the part of the fandom that had been complaining for so long that everyone had stopped listening to them.