I'm going to be doing a liveblog on certain less than stellar works of fan fiction, as something of a side project that I'll update from time to time. As usual, I'll provide commentary as I go through them.
I'd like to point out a few things before I start, though.
- The stories are from a variety of fandoms. You don't need to know the canon all that well, because odds are the authors don't know it very well, either.
- The titles will often point out which fandom they're based on, often at the start (for example, Half-Life: Full Life Consequences), but if not, they will have it in parentheses in the entry title. (For example, "a sad story (Harry Potter)"
- Most of the stories will only be a single chapter long, and will be fairly short, typically between 1,000 and 5,000 words long, with some less than 1,000 words long.
- I'll occasionally be doing numbered lists of everything that's wrong with a specific passage or event that contains several blatant mistakes, usually with regards to canon, in rapid succession.
- I'll also do The Bechdel Test for the works I cover. To give a refresher, a work passes if it has 1)two female characters, 2)who share at least one conversation, 3)that is not about a male.
So there you have it. Check the Table of Contents for a list of the fan works I'm doing here, and if you find one that interests you, click the link to read its entry.