Maybe this'll be the last installment, maybe not. Just updating on a few thoughts.
1) Despite N saying I'd need Waterfall to navigate Victory Road, this is a complete fabrication. There is only one or two waterfalls in the entire area, and they are 100% optional.
2) The Pokemon League (as a location) is just as needlessly complex as the entrance to Victory Road was. I'm sure the energy they spent creating that could have been put to much better use. The only exceptions are the ghost & psychic rooms, which are almost certainly powered by their leader directly.
3) I didn't have even one Pokemon knocked out in any of the five battles, and only ended up using 4/6 Pokemon - Lentil & Dango were underleveled, with Dango barely passing 50 by the end.
4) Iris was, as I predicted, the Champion. And has a rather terrible dress sense. I was surprised to see only half of her Pokemon by Dragon type, although that none of them were Altaria is a good thing as far as strength goes.
5) I think I figured out what the ribbon on the back of Mei's neck is - her bra. In the full-body (non-sprite) images of her (namely those which appear when you fight gym leaders, the two leaders of Team Plasma, the Elite Four, and especially the Champion), you can see two straps go around the front of her neck down to under her shirt.