For some reason I decided this might be something people would actually want to read. Not sure why I thought that, but let's see if it's true!
A little less than two weeks ago, I received a Wii U, and a copy of Batman: Arkham City: Armoured Edition in the mail. I proceeded to play the game all the way from beginning to end, and damn if it wasn't one of the best games I've ever played in my life. Too late, I realized that this was something that I kind of wanted to talk about as I went along.
Luckily, by the time I was "done" I had less than 50% of the game completed. I missed many Riddler trophies, and even the start of one or two sidequests. So I decided that I would restart the game, and do a 100% run for a liveblog. Which is what you are currently reading (hopefully).
Here are some of the rules:
- This is a 100% playthrough. That means that I am attempting to get everything in the game, before heading into the final boss (with the possible exception of Catwoman trophies, since the final chapter of her story is after the credits).
- I am doing this on my own. I will not be looking at any walkthroughs online.
- I do not want help unless I specifically ask for it in the comments section. Since this is my unfiltered thoughts and actions as I play the game, I'm liable to say things like "How do I do this?" a lot. Unless I specifically ask for help with something in the comments section, assume that I'm asking myself rhetorical questions (and/or have finally lost my mind).
- The exception to this rule is if there's a really cool easter egg that I missed/is coming up that I don't seem to know about, that doesn't affect 100% completion. Things like Black Mask at the start of the game, or Killer Croc's appearance later on. I think I know about most of them, and will definitely try to remember to do them as they come up, but if there's one I've missed, by all means let me know.
- I probably should have mentioned this before talking about Black Mask and Killer Croc, but there will be spoilers. I won't bring up plotlines before they happen, but do remember that I have already played the game, and let's face it, the original version is over a year old. If you're reading this and don't know the ending, it's your own fault if you're spoiled.
With that out of the way, let's start playing!