So what I'm doing here is an "Egg Run". This is a type of run of Pokemon games, of course. The rules are as follows:
1) Play normally until, and only until, trading becomes available in the game.
2) Once that is reached, I must trade 6 of my Pokemon for eggs from 6 individuals; in my run, I will be receiving eggs from Darker Shining, strawberryflavored, Slouch, Bad Wolf, Pipping Fool, and Pikaninja. I must release/box all other Pokemon.
3) Once I have hatched all 6 eggs, I may only use that team of 6 throughout the game. The only exception is that I may temporarily bring in HM Slaves for the sole purpose of using HM moves in the field. I may not use them in battle, not even as a "sacrifice".
3.1) I may keep some of my old Pokemon in order to raise the level 1 hatchlings. Once they're at levels where they can fight on their own the old Pokemon get boxed, however.
4) The eggs may not: Be born knowing any level-up moves above level 1, any TM moves, or any Egg moves. If a mistake happens regarding that the fix is as simple as not using that move and replacing/deleting it as soon as I can. This is a fairly lax run, I'm not barred from it if a Clefairy is born knowing Flash or something. The egg should preferably
avoid Magikarp Power
Pokemon such as Pseudo-legendaries, Larvesta, or the trope namer itself and Feebas. One of these would be fine though. If the Pokemon can be born as a "baby" form via Incense, it must
be born as that, not as the evolved form.
4.1) If the Pokemon requires odd circumstances to evolve that aren't available directly in-game (Such as trades, trading with a held item, or really anything outside of level-up, happiness, or stones) I will choose a reasonable "level" at which the mon would evolve normally, and evolve it at that level. For example, should I get an Onix, I would wait until around, say, level 36 before trading in a Metal Coat and evolving it. 36 seems like a reasonable level, no? I will not be denied any unusual evolution methods just because they aren't initially available in Black and White. Even so far as to import a Remoraid for evolving Mantyke.
4.2) While not a rule
, I put in a request that my 6 egg donors collaborate to avoid giving me too many overlapping types and to try to give me a reasonable balance of Physical and Special attackers. Playing through the game with just 6 different (Or identical!) Special Water types would be annoying, not fun. At least not in this run. Maybe I'll monotype another time.
5) I may not know the identity of the Pokemon within the eggs until I hatch them myself. I may not make requests or suggestions, either. It is to be a complete surprise for me.
6) I may catch Reshiram at the finale to proceed, but must not use it in battle. Technically I can catch any mon if I want, I just can't use them. Fainting would work better due to experience points of course.
7) Should I encounter a Shiny by chance, I may temporarily break the challenge to catch it by any means necessary
, even if such actions are technically breaking the other rules (Such as using an HM slave to weaken it). I may then box it and trade it over to my main game after I've completed the challenge. I may not use it within this challenge, except as an aforementioned HM slave (Mundane Utility
much?). I doubt this rule will apply though. Been avidly playing since Red and Blue and have never seen a shiny, not even after hatching over 300 Masuda Method Mienfoos. The RNG hates me. =_=
8) This isn't a Nuzlocke. I can heal fainted Pokemon and do not have to quit if all my Pokemon faint. Really, aside from being restricted to these 6 Pokemon it isn't too different from a normal game.
9) This run will probably only go up to the defeat of
Ghetsis and the ending. I could try to do postgame stuff, but I've done it all before in White version and all... I think I'll just end with the game's finale, send any useful items or mons to White version, then delete this game and start a different run, such as a Nuzlocke or a monotype challenge.
So now that those rules are established, I shall prepare to enter the world of Pokemon! I will try my best to make this interesting, with humor and plot twists and all that. Changes to the story as I see fit.
So, let's have some fun with this thing.