- Page: 17
Battlefield 10 part 2: Operation Wilted Rose
Marvel City: Check Point!
- Influential Person: Really, now... The stifling effect of the war... Lawlessness in the streets... Inconvenience is putting it mildly! Can't someone stop this tiresome chaos?
Enlightening. Anyway, Yggdra and Nietzsche kill a golem.
- White Rose Soldier: Lady Rosary! The Royal Army is headed this way!
- Rosary: ...That girl... Prepare to engage! Fire up the Ankh!
The golem also smashed a bridge, which is going to make things difficult. On Rosary's turn...
Ankh Cannon! -Judgement of the gods.-
- Rosary: Are you still in my way? Fire up the Ankh Cannon!
Anyway, on my turn I take Necro Gate and start moving my troops, beginning by moving Nietzsche into the river at the northernmost point.
Koop River: Check Point!
- Nietzsche: Ooh, shiny! (Item get: Rune Crystal.) Ohhh... It's beautiful!
At this point, I decide to try this again with less bridge-killing, for my convenience more than anything. Revolution does quite nicely, saving me quite a bit of trouble. I also elect to keep everyone who isn't Yggdra out of ankh range for this turn. Anyway, this time I use Doll Craft on my second turn, and move everyone into position to cross the river. The ankh still hurts on Rosary's turn, but I've got plenty of morale for now. I use Steal to move Milanor up into Rosary's face.
- Milanor: Miss White Rose, you better get ready!
- Rosary: What is the meaning of this!?
- Milanor: You wouldn't listen to reason, so this is how it's gotta be!
I send Durant to support Milanor. The ensuing fight gets me Rosary's item, along with three wins.
- Rosary: Why are you attacking us!?
- Milanor: Ungh... Because if you two go at it, all Hell will break loose!
Also, a bridge exploded from golem attacks. On Rosary's turn, she attacks. Her own fight against Milanor ends well, but she loses all her backup (also Milanor leveled up). On my turn, I choose Blizzard and send Durant forward to take Milanor's place.
- Durant: Lady Rosary, prepare yourself!
- Rosary: What is this all about!? Ah, the joys of generic encounter dialogue.
I move Nietzsche to support Durant, while getting Milanor out of ankh range (and into the union). This fight goes very well, thanks in part to Diamond Dust allowing Nietzsche to win easily without water.
- Durant: Forgive me, Milady... This is for the people!
- Rosary: Ahh...!
My next action following this is to battle save, so as to reduce the chances of bad luck ruining things. Fortunately, it proves unnecessary, as Durant and Nietzsche are sufficient to bring an end to the White Rose.
Justice Prevailed! -Lady Rosary was annihilated!-
- Rosary: I have too much to achieve... I.. I can't... die here... Sorry, but you can't argue with...
- White Rose Soldier: Ngh! Lady Rosary...!
- Durant: It's over, Princess.
- Yggdra: ............
- Milanor: The war is off, and the general populace is safe and sound. Nice show of damage control... Feels a little hollow, though. Also, didn't we just do this sketch 3 maps ago?
- Yggdra: Yes... It does...
Well, Milanor got another MVP bonus he didn't really need. I won on turn 24, one turn after the quick clear bonus requirement, so he only gets 1 Luk instead of 2, but it was still enough to push it over 3 full stars. Wait, weren't we forgetting something?
Black Rose Manor: Check Point! Oh right, the evil doom knight at Roswell's place.
- Royal Messenger: There's just been a coup d'etat in the Black Rose Domain! It's the Black Knight Leon and his men! There's a bit of a pause in the voice acting, suggesting that Leon's troops barely warrant a mention after the man himself. I find this more amusing than I probably should.
- Durant: What!? You mean to say that the blatantly evil guy was actually evil?
- Milanor: I knew he had some kind of scheme in mind!
- Durant: Princess! The Black Rose Army is defenseless against Leon. Nonsense. He's too weak to pose much of an actual threat, rods have advantage over spears, and we aren't yet at the part of the game where high stats can overcome crushing disadvantages.
- Yggdra: We must hurry and help Roswell!
- Zilva: ...Things are going according to plan. All that remains is to deliver "it" to General Emilia...
- Earthquake: Destroys petrified objects 2 steps away.
- Movement: 10
- Starting power: 1650
- Ace type: Lump
- Skill type: X
- Damage: Half of the target groups remaining members
- Requirements: Golem only
- Notes: Now you too can wield a highly self-destructive skill that requires you to use an otherwise useless unit type that can't get any backup! Or not, because the only person who could summon golems is dead now. Also, the third part of this combo won't show up until we've forgotten that it exists.
- Berserk: A bloody axe which drives its user mad.
- Stats: Gen-4, Stk Up, Tec-2
- Ability: Infinite Aggressive
- Duration: 1 map
- Used by: Milanor
- Notes: Useless, because the aggression drains the skill gauge as normal and prevents Milanor from stealing. In fact, I'm immediately going to have him eat it for morale, because the ankh did quite a number on him.
- Frilly Lace: Rosary's favourite hair ornament adorned with lace.
- Stats: Tec+4, Luk+4
- Ability: Instant Charge
- Duration: 2 maps
- Used by: Female only
- Notes: Apart from actually being a hat ornament (no idea why anyone would want one of those), it's a fine item.
- Rune Crystal: A mysterious crystal concealing powerful magic.
- Cannot be equipped.
- Notes: This thing is for trading!
Well, that's it for map 10. Roswell's version is definitely easier, if only because it doesn't rely on you killing mooks in a single turn to actually finish it. Next time, we'll go save Roswell.
- Page: 17