Right, I haven't posted on this in ages. Well, here's the deal. I had stuff to do, but I actually did
find the time to read the prologuey stuff for Episode 2. When I read back over my notes on it, though, I found that they were really boring and didn't contain much in the way of speculation. I'll go ahead and post the options I thought of to explain the events up to this point, and since I have a three-day weekend here, I'll have an actual update for you in a few days. Sorry again about the hiatus.
Anyway, a summary of the possible explanations for the events of the episode 2 prologue:
- Option 1: Unreliable Narrator is unreliable. None of that happened at all.
- While I felt the need to note this option since it's not impossible, I can't see a way it could be pulled off without coming off as cheap, and this series seems to have better writing than that.
- Option 2: It's some sort of trick or someone setting up way in advance for the murders.
- No idea who'd be behind it, but it wouldn't be Kanon or Shannon, since in this theory they're both victims.
- Option 3: Shannon's nuts.
- Since there's a scene with Beatrice and Kanon, but no Shannon, he'd probably have to be crazy too. That makes this a bit less likely, but doesn't rule it out.
Could also be some combination of those.
Anyway, real update coming soon.