- Oh! Look! See? Sarah's and Elliot's eyes are different sizes!
- They look like TOTALLY different people.
- And those eyebrows! Clear indications of a Cast of Snowflakes.
- Can't you just feel the lust between these two?
- Also, the fact that Sarah has kissed three girls technically kinda annoys me. Grace, Ellen and now Elliot. Well, at least they had that ONE makeout panel with Elliot way back when.
Sketchbook Strip 060206
Sarah has no forehead.
Bags do not wrinkle that way.
Susan has subtle crotch pants.
Susan's pinkie has no joints in it.
Her other hand has no wrist.
Ears are too low.
- Look at that penultimate panel.
- They have the exact same expression.
- And. That. Side mouth.
- Also, 'eek' does not fit that expression in the last panel at all.
- Lets be honest here.
- Has this couple EVER given ANY "costume cache" vibes?
- I mean, keep in mind, this is pretty much never brought up again.
- So it comes out of nowhere, and then leaves into nowhere.
- This interaction, all and all, goes nowhere.
- Hell, this is even retconned wayyyy later on, too!
- So yeah.
- And...a tickle fight.
- Lovely, we learned absolutely nothing!
- So, are you all ready to see Susan's super angsty super sad back story?
- Because I AM :D
- ...Freudian Excuse AHOY!
- You know, this is the type of thing that's done better subtly. Like if Susan was just occasionally distrusting of males, and made it a point not to date.
- Kind of like Buffy, after her dad stopped caring, and the first two guys she slept with turned out to be assholes!
- And you know what Buffy never was? A straw feminist!
- Yes, events like this can change people, but are you seriously saying that her dad was the ONLY male she knew, enough so that it changed her ENTIRE philosophy on the penis?
- The reason Susan doesn't work is because there are TONS of people who had their dads cheat on their moms. There are TONS of people who think men are scumbags. Yet, most of them don't do what Susan do. Most don't beat men up for it. Most don't criticize other people's happy relationships for it.
- Most say it to reflect their personal biases. Most know that not all men are evil, they just think that it certainly seems that way.
- There is a difference.
- For example "Every time I try to catch a pokémon, I land a critical hit and it faints."
- A normal person would concede, sure, it doesn't happen every time, but it sometimes feel that way, and it is annoying the amount it does happen.
- Susan would stomp her foot down and claim it happens 100% of the time, and when shown otherwise, would just say it's a hacked game or something.
- So, now we're going to get a complete turn around for Susan, right?
- No more straw femme, now she has had her epiphany, and everything will be hunky dory from now on.
- Susan DOES NOT CHANGE AT ALL!
- INSTEAD WE WILL FOCUS ON THE GAY THAT IS JUSTIN!
- Because as we all know!
- Justin is GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Sketchbook Strip 061606
Yet another reminder that Susan has never gotten into a single fight in the entire strip, and so far never has.
- Remember who we got the wordless flashback?
- Well, now it's going to be redundantly explained.
- And god, why "love"?
- YOU ARE A TEENAGER
- YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT LOVE IS.
- IT'S CALLED A CRUSH.
- I know, I know, teenagers are stupid not Shive.
- But this is like, the second time he's done this. What with the whole Sarah claiming to love Elliot too.
- To be fair, the art shift is kind of cute.
- Why did you show us the full flashback if you were just going to explain it to us?
- We already KNOW what happened.
- This is bullshit.
- Also, why is it on the bed?
- I keep thinking they tried to have sex or something.
- And they probably did.
- The problem with the silhouettes, it took me a while to realize it was Justin being punched.
- "He didn't approve of my punching first"
- ...he's kind of a massive hypocrite there, considering how he purposely goes looking for fights.
- Once again, we know ALLLLL of this.
- Let us count the ways of how WRONG this strip is.
- We get more information WE ALREADY KNEW.
- We get more love wangstage.
- Then, we have the fact that it ends. in. a fucking. joke.
- Because not even DAN SHIVE has faith in his OWN DAMN WANGSTAGE DRAMA.
- If YOU don't have faith in it, why should I have faith in it?
- And Nanase, a loner? That's something we've never been given any indication of previously.
- And you think this is as bad as it gets?
- You are dead. Wrong.
- It. gets. fucking. worse.