about live blogs
add a live blog
The Great Nitpicky Live Blog of El Goonish Shive
Strips 671-680 (The Great Idiot Party of 05-06)Strip 671
- Look at that gorgeous door. And it's back to gradients we go~
- As for that shock line in the third to last panel, it's not that bad, but there are two things happening in that panel, which makes it really confusing as to what's supposed to be shocking.
- It would have been better if it had been split into two panels.
- Also, why is she suddenly W-sitting in that panel? She goes from slouching to way more posey. Almost as if Shive can't draw a normal back.
- Why does that man have no nipples?
- Narration, necessary?
- Hell no. It's just telling us because we can't figure out its Elliot's house due to the abundance of black shirts.
- It would have taken an extra panel to show a different house, that's all that's needed. Really.
- Also...where are their normal clothes?
- If they can sense things that are happening houses away, why do they need to be directly behind Elleniot at all times?
- Also, that joke took way too much of an explanation.
- Tedd's hands. What happened to them. THEY ARE MISSING A PINKIE.
- Now, on the last panel of the third row, I present to you Ellen's expression.
- What the heck is she emoting there?
- She looks happy!
- Why Ellen thought it would be better for Tedd to be zapped instead of Elliot is beyond me.
- Or why that would qualify as resisting.
- Or why Magus just doesn't fly directly in front of Ellen, so he'll be an inch away from her hand.
- Or why he closes his eyes when he could be amplifying her more.
- Or why he just doesn't use the beam from the booth.
- Or why he decides he should just leave now.
- Oh yeah. Because plot.
- Dude...mr. fairy guy...what happened to your neck?
- Story time kids!
- Recently, an internet comedy show put on a skit.
- This skit involved the use of a guy searching for a gauntlet, that would give him unlimited magical powers.
- He still used magic in his quest to find it, though.
- At one point, he looks in the mirror, and sees his eyes are completely black, and says to himself "no more magic." without much further explanation.
- Now, I tell you this so I may say this,
- AN INTERNET COMEDY SHOW PUT MORE THOUGHT AND EFFORT INTO A BASIC PLOT DEVICE THAN YOU, SHIVE.
- Why can this guy amplify, use frikking kagebunshin no jutsu, yet still lacks "strength"?
- Sure, he might have been stronger, but he is pretty inconsistent with what he can and can't do.
- Ugh. Text.
- But you know what? This is flat out abusive.
- They are withholding information from Ellen, just so the party will be enjoyable. Bahhh.
- I'm sorry. If you are going to do this, at least have a reason other than that they will be worried as a result. I don't even think Elliot ever gets called out on this. They just...shield her. And shield her. And shield her.
- She is a grown person. She can take care of herself. Seriously.
- This is just for the sake of prolonging teh drama, until after the party.
- Because that's all that really matters in the end. The party.
- And now that he failed, we can ignore these guys until 2010, and GET BACK TO THE PARTY HOORAH! :D
- I mean, even Shive is aware of this.
- Not that it makes it remotely ok.
- See how different the house looks?
- I suspect a conversion to Grace lovin' going on.
- Oh look. I was right. How about that.
- Lordy. It was a week ago. It felt like an eternity.
- Good to know any of Grace's actual possible mistakes were all in Sarah's head. LOVE GRACE.
- Of course.
- Just...of course.
- LESBIANS EVERYWHERE.
- I get that not everyone is crazy obsessed with gender as I am. But fun fact, people do notice sexism.
- They do get offended by it.
- And not just when it would be funny, and then never bring it up again.
- Plus...the fact that Elliot seems to be implying it's only mostly ludicrous because Susan will only be a male for one night is...a bit disturbing.
- All the girls are almost exactly the same height. This bothers me.
- And why do the mouths stay the same size, regardless of how big the head is, oh zoomed in Ellen?
- Why whisper that to her? It's...way too exposity.
- But guys.
- Guess what.
- We finally, FINALLY FINALLY are taking the steps to resolve the Nanase Ellen plot.
- Well, ok, let me explain.
- We get relentless teasing.
- Until the very very very END of the arc.
- And then the NEXT arc is about their drama as a relationship!
- AND IT ENDS IN 2010.
- IT WILL BE ALL NANASE ELLEN ALL THE TIME. HOORAY.
- One background, all white. This pattern is getting grating.
- As are the sidemouths.
- It's my interpretation of an EGS face.
- You know, if Nanakins here was a guy, he would be called a total perv. And an objectifying jerk, who was planning on getting away with it.
- Ah, morality.
6th Jul 11
To sleep, I assume.
6th Jul 11
6th Jul 11
Shive does comedy, and I start wishing he'd go back to the plot. And then he does plot, and I wish he'd go back to the comedy. Wash, rinse, repeat.
6th Jul 11
I like your interpretation of the EGS sidemouth.
TV Tropes by
TV Tropes Foundation, LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
8th Jul 11
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from firstname.lastname@example.org.