Noxilicious: Guys, I'm getting the impression that Nanase is gay.
Guy Guyson: Don't be ridiculous.
Gilphon: Incidentally, I've always thought that Susan being a trekkie was a nice little characterization touch. A nice, not shoved in your face, value-neutral quirk which doesn't quite jell with what we've seen from them before but isn't actually contradictory fleshes out a character much better than all but the most skillful wangsting.
AHR: I can agree to that.
Myrmidon: Just finished Archive Binging this liveblog. Thoughts on the comic so far: 1: Susan is my favorite character, because she comes the closest to having a reasonable consistent personality. 2: The poorly-justified Fanservice is really abundant in this comic. 3: I don't think the "I'll get back at strawman versions of the mean people who bullied me in high school" thing has ever been done well.
- Justin is gay!◊
- Ellen is once again readily adapting to gender stereotypes. She is now having difficulty deciding what to wear. Delightful.
- Justin is gay!◊
- Nanase is a lesbian!
- I still want to repeat: NOTHING CHANGED IN ELLIOT BESIDES HIS BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONS. THAT'S IT. THERE SHOULD BE NO TRUE DIFFERENCE TO HOW SHE FEELS.
- And I will also point out that the notion of Ellen being a homosexual conflicts with Shive's other views on what the splitting did to Elliot's two personalities. He can NOT keep it straight.
- Heh heh. Straight.
- I bet you when he wrote this, the response he wanted to get was one of "You know, I love El Goonish Shive because it has such crazy and zany characters!" But my response to this is "If he is not going to do anything with these characters, what is the point of their existence?"
- Also, he has no knowlege of Role Playing. Just putting that out there.
- Can you imagine how weird it would seem if Susan was a guy and had this hatred of women? People would accuse him left and right of being a homosexual, and this strip would make him seem downright vicious.
- But there is something to be said for the Nanase/Justin Faghag complex.
- I'm strapping myself in. I SENSE A BACKSTORY APPROACHING!
- UGG. This is even worse. He IS going to do something with the character? It reeks of "Big Bang Theory"-style ignorance. The methodology of "Hey! Let's use nerds! Nerds are funny!" Without having any clue or idea about nerd culture. We'll just have Sheldon say faux-scientific stuff and the audience will react with hilarity!
- NANASE IS LESBIAN YOU GUYS!
- Speaking of which- AHR, does that pheromone thing ever get brought up again? Does she still have it?
- Nanase and Ellen are beginning to look far to much alike. It's getting disturbing.
- When I think of an awesome movie to watch with a group of friends on a 60-inch plasma screen, I think of To Kill A Mockingbird.
- Nanase is laughing at stupid things.
- To substitute comment, I would like to post a picture of my pet cat, Gizmo◊.
- I KNOW THAT YOU ARE CLEARLY IN EMOTIONAL DISTRESS. DOES PLAYING WITH YOUR HAIR HELP?
- Actually, that's usually how I help AHR when she's in emotional distress. It usually goes less successful than it does here with Nanase and Ellen.
- Susan is an asshole who can't keep her God damn store organized.
- Apart from that though, I can't help but commend Shive for giving a trait to Justin other than gay. It's not much, but baby steps. Baby steps.
- Ew. What are they doing on the floor?
- You know, I normally can appreciate porn of all kinds, but EGS porn just makes me laugh. That isn't related, but I just thought of it.
- No, your brother doesn't own the movie. YOU own the movie. YOU. ARE. ELLIOT. IN. FEMALE. FORM. Which is ctually a whole other hurdle that they would have to get over, really. If Elliot owned movies before, are they all now owned by the male one?
- Shive might as well have titled this strip "I Like Drawing Breasts."
- Man, the wind in that closed-off room is absurdly strong.
- Why does it need to be all-girls?
AHR: Yes, the pheremones are brought up again, mainly to explain the lack of it in Ellen. Also, Cakman, please put an NSFW warning. If not for every picture, at least at the top of your post. I just opened one of your links on a school computer. @Myrm: I'm honored! Hope you were entertained!