Cakman: Fifteen Strips. LET'S DO THIS. 296
- Mr. Verres seems to have made the awkward transition from being a work-centered father with little to no concern for his son's nonsense to being ashamed of his son's trans-gendered nonsense.
- And there really are some unfortunate implications behind Tedd's fascination with being a female. What is he? What does he identify himself as? It's almost as though Dan Shive wanted to bring up the issues of gender identity, but didn't want to bother examining them at all.
- That cat is still boring. DO SOMETHING, FELINE.
- HOW DOES CONSERVE MASS.
- Just one punchline in the last panel will do, Dan. One is okay. Two, and it's overkill.
- The first panel is odd. I know she's morphing back, but she looks like she's vibrating.
- Ellen's shape is frustrating me, because she her breastlines combined with her shoulders form a perfect trapezoid.
- Grace is retarded.
- Meh. At least he's pulling a reference properly. Yes. Sheik/Zelda is technically trans-related. Not sure why he couldn't have just said Zelda and Pikachu though. That would have almost had an aire of subtlety to it, strangely enough. It would have left the readers to figure out the connection. Eh. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass. I don't know.
- I like that he accurately copied Pikachu's headbut move in Super Smash Brothers, though.
- Naturally favorite character Grace wins, with the strip ending punchlineless. THERE I NO JOKE THERE.
- And I HATE when people describe their own work as "random". It isn't random, Shive. You probably were playing Brawl a few days before you made this strip, and you let your outside life show up in your work. T Here's nothing random about it at all. It's a pop culture reference.
- Why would Grace ask whether it was a good or bad thing to be "the best" at video games?
- For those of you who read the live blog and wonder why AHR and I tend to pick on such infinitesimal things like that, the reason that I point that out is because whenever you are reading a comic, book, or story, you have a certain amount of disbelief that you can suspend. When a character says something OOC, acts the way a normal human wouldn't act, or does something without a purpose, it serves as nothing more than an anvil on that suspension of disbelief. I shouldn't have to notice something like Grace saying something that doesn't make sense. Maybe it would make a little bit of sense if Ellen had said "you're the bomb" or some other kind of slang, but as-is, it serves as nothing but a hinderence.
- Also, dude. What the fuck. But I'll let AHR handle that one.
- Once again, the image of a blurry-eyed Dan Shive feverishly drawing on his tablet while his erection bumps up against the underside of the table every time he leans forward comes to mind.
- Also, this man would murder for a real life Grace. He dreams of it each night and weeps to himself softly when he realizes he can not have her.
- Previous points still remain. Ellen sure seems to have gotten over her sexuality quickly. Even if Shive's explanation about it adjusting when she was created was taken into account, it still doesn't mean she would be highly aware of it, and completly okay with it. She'd be freaked out about her feelings for men.
- Also, what the hell is the point of the fifth picture? It just seems... Uncreative.
- "Mmmm"? As in taste-wise?
- There is nothing to this strip besides the needlessly renamed Melee poster.
- HAS ANYONE EVER FOUND THAT FUCKING CHARACTER FUNNY?! SERIOUSLY. AC DRAWINGS, ANYONE, HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER FOUND CLERK GUY FUNNY? I DON'T GET IT. I DON'T GET WHY HE IS EVER ON SCREEN.
- And anyways, Shive is terrible at making April Fools jokes.
- How are these April fools strips?! They're normal EGS strips. He features himself doing stuff like this all the time.
- By the way, how many more times is Shive going to make the LOL I CROSSDRESS joke?
- And these ideas are just uncreative. I mean... We've done all of them in-story already. Come up with some new ideas, Shive.
- Why could he remember being switched around and stuff, but not remember having the tail? Don't say "Reset." Then show us that it was a reset. Don't mae us guess.
- That "H" looks like a "W". It looks like a Wondaw Bat.
- This has... Nothing to do with anything. Wasn't Ellen dealing with a personal crisis? What the fuck happened to that?
- And why is Tedd concerned with birds?
- Fuck squirrels.
- I am bored.
- DAN SHIVE HAS SEEN MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL.
AHR: You can only have one youtube video up per post. Just link them. And, Cak, you misread. Ellen said Grace was a BEAST at videogames, not the best.
Noxilicious: And I HATE when people describe their own work as "random". It isn't random, Shive. You probably were playing Brawl a few days before you made this strip, and you let your outside life show up in your work. T Here's nothing random about it at all. It's a pop culture reference. Brawl hadn't even been announced when that strip was published. CONSIDER YOURSELF NITPICKED, GOOD SIR. Also Tedd is totally super-fine because gender identity issues aren't lolfunny. It's like, hahaha you wanna be a woman but you have a PEEENIIIIS and then the person decks you in the face and starts crying and everything is just awkward. Meanwhile you can just take a lesbian and go all, hahaha you're in the closet and you wanna pretend you like boys and then the person decks you in the face and stomps away and it's funny because women hitting men is instant comedy gold and also it is kinda dykey which makes it double-funny.