The Great Nitpicky Live Blog of El Goonish Shive
- Well, I take my hat off to you, Dan Shive, you managed to not pull off a cheap drama trick. Cheap heartwarming trick, while cheap, is still... Kinda unexpected, which I admit, you don't often do. So Hats off to ya.
- That is the most non-descript comic book store I've ever seen. You'd think they would at least have a "COMICS" sign somewhere, but no. It's just a block of building with an open/closed sign on it.
- Eh, you know, as long as Nanase is casual about it, I don't so much mind the whole Bikinni thing, to be honest. I'd do that shit if I were in her situation. It's easy money.
- Then again, though, if she can change clothes at will, WHY IS SHE WEARING THE CLOTHES WHICH SHE SPECIFICALLY SAID SHE DISLIKES?!
- Cool... Fonts? You mean comic sans? Haven't you been using that this whole time? Except the usage of chiller for evil?
- I think he's refferring to the dialogue box in the third panel, now that I look at it. But that isn't a font.
- Also... This person just looks like Grace, but with green hair. Is she a new character? I don't recognize her.
- ...Wait, what? I'm confused. Is it supposed to be Grace? Because this seems like, well, Grace stuff.
- And the store is called "Candy," yet, for some reason, has "Lollipop" written on the bag. Why is this?
- At least the building is clearly made of brick though. That's a step up. Well done, Danny boy.
- Oh, wait. It is Grace. Okay. I see. Well played, Shive.
- Also, erm, that may be the first shirt hat doesn't seem to be form-fitting. Oh... Oh God.
- Oh God what is happening.
- I'm finding more good stuff than bad stuff.
- Dan Shive may be improving.
- Granted, Ellen looks strangely... Boxy. In both this strip and the previous one.
- Elliot's cat is far too boring. Does it get killed off, or at least get some development any time soon?
- You know, now that I think about it, Ellen should absolutely be able to recognize Grace. I could recognize her as just having a different hair cut before. Why didn't Grace change her skin color more? We see in this strip that the color is slightly different, so we know that she has that ability. If anything, she should change to look like a male Tedd. Then they can pull the same deal that Elliot did.
- Also, I can't deny that I do like Grace's last two facial expressions. They are well-drawn.
Cakman: AHR, what character do you use the shade on?
AHR: Stop double posting Cakman, for the love of god. It's friggin annoying. Ahp, and see? Now we're on a new page, because you felt the need to post twice unneeded. Also, no idea what you are talking about.
Cakman: What're you talking about? YOUR post is the first one on the new page. That green does not work very well. Too limey. And, pathetically, it is also the exact same shade I use. Dat.
AHR: Oh. Sprite.
Sal Fish Fin: I now Ship Cakman with AHR. Belligerent Sexual Tension for the lulz.
AC Drawings: That's so hilarious it send my mind to dark places. It's evil and funny.