- Does Grace have breasts when she's in squirrel form?
- On that same not, AHR, if you do a handstand, and your t-shirt goes up to your chest, won't it display your breasts too?
- Hey, AHR, when are we gonna watch Gurren Lagen?
- And you have a point. He prolly should have displayed it.
- Why did Grace's shirt tear, anyways? Cotton is pretty flexible. It shouldn't tear that quickly.
- And anyways, where did her shirt go?
- If this ends with black guy walking in on Grace naked I'm going to be pissed off.
- Why wouldn't he have rushed in the second that the power levels started changing?
- Grace's Eyes
- It annoys me that the only backstory we got for Jeremy was in the sketchbook pages.
- But AHR! You're forgetting! Grace is driven to tears from the cat getting knocked down.
- Why did Jeremy attack Greg?
- Look at the sixth panel. It looks like a beautiful rainbow. But not colored. Because Shive didn't have thirteen seconds to open up MS paint.
- Ugg, Giving a voice to Jeremy makes it unfunny. It would be much better if there was, for instance, an implication of Jeremy wanting a rematch, rather than Grace just explaining it.
- And now Grace is back to not understanding the concept of sexuality.
- I will repeat again that the problem with Greg is that his jokes are incredibly forced. And they are not presented well. I can't get over the fact that what we have presented are not so much jokes as they are just... Summaries of jokes.
- And Grace is still non-sexualized. But now Greg explained it to her, so she can, I suppose, go on to make "Ooo-la-la comments," I guess?
- There is a problem when the parody series the show uses as a running gag is more interesting than the show itself.
- Bukkakked? I am intrigued.
- ...Why the fuck would she be surprised?! SHE'S ALREADY SEEN ELLIOT AS A GIRL!
- And... Ellen is a fucking whore, then. Jesus. She comes into a room where Tedd is clearly talking to someone online and says "Theodore, stop talking to this person and come shove yourself into my vagina, as I have a vagina and you have a penis."
- I bet Beta Tedd's glasses look circular from the side.
- I do like Grace's expression in the third panel.
- Look at Ellen's hair. Why is Grace's hair considered so crazy?
- Also, AHR, I enjoy the idea of steampunk Shive as well. With lots of gears.
- Dan Shive has still done nothing to improve my opinion of him. I'M IMPORTANT, SO HE SHOULD TRY HARDER.
Goggle Fox: I think the thing with the power levels is Dan trying to make a DBZ reference, and not realizing that you can't do that without mocking it mercilessly. Plus, the comic keeps sliding between "this r srs pltnss" and "its just a gag lol" which you should avoid doing in general. The mass discrepancy thing is just annoying to me on principle: if you're going to pretend to be scientific, don't go screwing with the law of mass conservation. The clothing thing and the "where did Grace's boobs go" thing, I can put to Dan's need to learn his art better (it's still years ago) and to stop being weird about such things.
Cakman: Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I set up an account on the El Goonish Shive forum and posted a link to the liveblog. Hopefully we can get some more feedback from actual fans of EGS now, since AC Drawings never combats us. :P
e X: Are you sure that was a smart move? This liveblog is kinda nitpicky
172: Actually, Cakman, I'm pretty sure she had the foresight to take her shirt off. LAST time she used this form her shirt got torn up. 174: I just have to comment here on how hilarious it is that he uses both Jeremy's and her own frikkin tails to hide her nudity. I mean, just using her own is pretty standard fare, but using the cat-lizard-monster's too? Brilliant! Also, I'll take this opportunity to say that Jeremy is by far the most grating "character" in the comic to me. Sure, lots of them are defined by one trait at the beginning, but at least they're not defined by something as painfully stupid as "This animal is a beloved pet to one or more of the characters but is also by objective standards a horrible monster, a complete badass and possibly not something god ever intended to walk this earth". That's right up there with "Garfield LIKES TO EAT FOOD lol" as uninteresting character traits go, and it was obvious from square one that that was all there was ever supposed to be to Jeremy, even while the other flat characters showed the potential to maybe be fleshed out in later arcs. Describing Jeremy as boring is being too nice. 178: Seriously Tedd looks slightly older but that universe's Ellen/Elliot looks like she could pass as one of the main cast members' mom. Maybe it's just the nightgown. By the way, Cakman, I'll top you that; she came into the room in which she knows he's got a webcam and can probably hear him talking on it wearing her lingerie (or, well, that's obviously what the scene was meant to imply but Dan didn't feel like drawing it).
I think Shive really REALLY wanted to show HOW different these AU's could be, and decided to ignore logic and common sense for a while. Or at least, treat logic and common sense the same way he always has.