- I love how Ted acts like all of this is just a joke. This is honestly something that could destroy Elliot's life. It could confuse him for years to come psychologically, and people at school would probably look down on him.
- Besides, the fact that the gun broke makes no sense. Why did it break THEN? It overheats? But it has no cooling system in the first place. hat doe it even run off of? Why did it break? Is ANY of this explained?
- Once again, Tedd is taking this all in stride, like a fucking asshole. It's no skin off his back! Why should he care!?
- How can Elliot say that he loves Sarah already?! THAT ISN'T HOW LOVE WORKS, DAN.
- Tedd's position in the fifth panel just pisses me off. I'm not sure why.
- Also, my answer is B all the way. I'd be prepared to show you how a real man handles a cock.
- Once again, I don't understand if Shive thinks this is supposed to be wacky and funny or serious. Because none of this is happening how it would actually happen. Elliot would panic, Tedd would desperately try to fix it. But no, both of them somehow keep their cool.
- AND TEDD STILL ACTS LIKE A DICK. WHAT A SURPRISE.
- And another pointless lampshade. There's no joke there. It's not even laziness. It's the author (or is it mangaka?) failing to understand humor.
- This is bizarre. He's going beyond breaking biology. None of this makes any god damn sense. Pheromones don't work that way on humans. Unless you already have a specific attraction to someone, it won't have an effect, and besides, there are male and female hormones. So there's a difference between the two.
- And Sarah, maybe it's because... I don't know... YOU CLAIM TO LOVE HIM!? Did we learn nothing from The Crying Game?! Isn't it not supposed to make a difference if you LOVE them?!
- Why would Tedd know that Elliot is bisexual?!
- This whole thing is full of plot holes. How much about this process does Tedd know, and how much does he not know? If Tedd was suddenly filled with testosterone, wouldn't that mean Elliot was filled with estrogen, and would thus lash out at Tedd as well?!
- And so what, just by taking his glasses off Ted has "enchanted" Elliot? What did Elliot feel? Did he actually start to feel himself get wet?
- I still feel the need to focus on Tedd's reaction.
- Tedd just fucked Elliot over for a month. He WILL be made fun of. People WILL talk about him behind his back. Elliot WILL have confusing sexual feelings that will probably stick with him when he turns back. THIS IS TEDD'S FAULT. And yet, he acts as though it's no big deal, and Elliot is just going to have to be patient. Because hey! It's not his concern! I hate him.
- Why not wear your normal clothes? T-shirts are pretty universal. Just borrow a bra from Sarah.
- Speaking of which, how does the gun decide on proportions? THIS is another thing that makes no sense. Why are all the breasts the same size?
- Also, see them pictures up there? Dating that right there. Dating that. :3
- TED LIKES VAGINAS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- HE'S A FAN OF SEXUAL PLEASURE! AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- TED IS A PERVERT! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
- EL GOONISH SHIVE PORN◊
- Wait, is that even El Goonish Shive? I can't tell. Oh well. I'll post two of em just in case.
- MORE EL GOONISH SHIVE PORN◊
- Also, Tedd's dad is a terrible father. Again.
- Eh. I can get into this. The parents are fine.
- Yes! Poor Elliot! His pheromones make the other kids hopelessly attracted to him!
- Also note that Shive reused the beret from Sarah on the teacher now, which really makes no sense, as the beret was originally suppossd to be a ridiculous over-the-top thing, but now the normal teacher is wearing one.
- I never understand this in anime (or schlock like this which is "anime-inspired"): WHAT KIND OF MATERIAL IS FORM-FITTING LIKE THAT?! IT TRACES UNDER THE CURVATURE OF HER BREASTS?!
AHR: The gun made him bisexual, since he is still attracted to females, but the gun added 'attracted to males' when it made him a girl.
Cakman: But why does TEDD know that? And he didn't know that using the gun too many times would break it? How did it even break? It didn't overheat. It's literally CRACKED, like someone smashed it against a wall, which, honestly, now that I say that, would make perfect sense. Tedd could have done it during the confusion, just to make Elliot's life miserable.
AHR: He designed the gun himself, and it already had the basic blueprints to it. Plus, things do tend to break when you don't intend them to.
Cakman: HE designed the gun? Then he would know the ins and outs of it. He would know the dangers of using it multiple times. If he's such a genius, then there is no reason that he wouldn't know that it was going to happen.
Gilphon: I forget the exact explanation behind it, but the gun is at least partially copied from alien tech, so Tedd doesn't know everything about it. He did, however, design many of the specific forms programmed into it, including the one Elliot got hit with.
Goggle Fox: That part about "added attraction to male because it made him female" is part of what seriously bugs me about the raygun. Has he gotten to the part where he explains that and all those little words pop up with arrows to explain further, or is that later? I think it's later, since the whole alien raygun explanation hasn't come to the fore yet.
Sal Fish Fin: Well, AHR, I'm sure that that was a good nitpick, but I got kind of sidetracked by the fact that you'd willingly post pics of your chest on the internet.
AHR: @Goggle: Nope. That's not for a while. Not until the art gets better and Justin joins in on the fun. Although, I would LOVE to know how one adds an 'orientation' to their arsenal. I don't think loading up a person with estrogen would suddenly make them like guys. I mean, I'm pretty sure that counts as REALLY altering your brain in ways that can get pretty scary if you think about it too long. @Sal: Oh please. This was For Science, if anything. Sides, the black shirt is pretty lumpy, it don't show much.
Goggle Fox: ^ Yup. I don't like the idea of stuff messing with my brain. Thus why I really don't like that thing.
I would like to take this opportunity to ask how on earth Ted's dad won custody. I mean, his mom left right? As in divorce, not death? It's tough enough for a guy to win a custody battle when he's got a steady well-paying job and the wife's an unrepentant asshole. How does a guy whose job forces him to leave his son alone for months at a time beat ANY female in a child custody battle? Also, gotta agree with the thing about Elliot's parents. It's like that one shining beacon of hope in these early parts of the comic, the chance that maybe we'll get to see them again next strip... or the next strip... or our sanity meter needs them most...
I would assume that the mother did not want Tedd? That's what I got from her leaving, being the one-dimensional person that she was.