- Why would Grace say "think of me as Grace" when that is already what Ted called her?
- And wouldn't Ted demand at this point to know what is going on?
- WHY IS SHE CRYING?! WE HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT SHE IS CRYING ABOUT, SO WE HAVE NO REASON TO CARE.
- Why has Ted not asked what is going on?
- Why has Shive not told us?
- If Grace had said "yes," would Tedd have honestly gone through with it? I believe he's simply compensating. Because otherwise he WOULD have taken advantage of a troubled girl.
- Wouldn't Grace just say "Are you okay?" Since, you know, she could already see in real life, so she wouldn't need top TELL US that he looked frozen?
- ...Okay this is just friggin silly.
- WHY DO THE BUBBLES COME ALIVE.
- Anytime you're trying to make a long dissertation while a distraction occurs in the background as the joke, it completely fails if the person in the foreground starts faltering with his words. Especially if he ends up trying to reiterate the point by using the word "yessir."
- What in God's name is happening to his hand in the third panel?! It looks like a hamburger on the side!
- I agree with A_H_R. I wish for more bad drama. Bad comedy makes me weep.
- Okay. So the guy from before WAS Silent Bob. Mr. Shive has apparently seen Clerks. And here he awkwardly shoehorns in a quote from it.
- Why would Elliot's phone be tapped? Wouldn't it be more likely that Tedd's would be tapped?
- I like how Shive put the date and time in the first panel, just in case we were wondering.
- Also... Why is Elliot sleeping at 2PM?
- -_- Once again, bad comedy makes my heart ache. Like my girlfriend is getting yelled at and there's nothing I can do to help her.
- THAT CRAZY TEDD! I WONDER WHAT HE'S UP TO THIS TIME!
- Tedd's father is a terrible parent.
- How exactly do you "give someone a lab"? 'Course, that's just semantics.
The sad part is, given certain much later strips, I think saying that Tedd's dad "gave" him a lab is probably actually pretty accurate. Also, I agree that Tedd is definitely just compensating. I'm guessing if he ever succeeded outright without a gradual slope like with Grace he'd be really weirded out and sort of back away with some half-assed excuse.
- "I know you're probably tired of the suspense about why I'm here. But I'd like for us to be friends first." "Look, Grace. My dad and are going out of our way to help you. Don't you think we deserve some kind of explanation? Oh god, don't cry. You're right. Let's just be friends and do stuff nobody cares about."
- I'm pretty sure multiple anime have the same plot.
- Tedd is starting to come off like Chris-chan. He's all but shouting "I'm straight, dammit!"
- Maybe he gave him a lab because he was afraid of what he'd do with his free time otherwise?