* AngstDissonance: Although his tragic past gives him some leeway, Teito constantly moans about [[spoiler: Mikage's death]] every single episode/manga chapter, even though he's been reincarnated.
* AngstWhatAngst: after having had his country invaded and everyone he knew, including his adoptive father, murdered while still a small child, being made a [[ChildSoldiers combat]] [[MadeASlave slave]] and forced to kill people daily for training during years and seeing his only friend [[spoiler: die after having been possessed by the man who killed Father]] Teito Klein holds himself remarkably well. He still angsts a lot [[ThereAreNoTherapists but who wouldn't in his place]]?
* DracoInLeatherPants: Ayanami. Yes, he did kill Mikage, and try to ruin Teito's life, but [[HandsomeDevil he]] still has a very large fanbase. He's even more popular than good guy Bishops Castor and Labrador.
* EnsembleDarkHorse: Hakuren, initially a ReplacementScrappy for Mikage, until he proves to be a more decent person than his [[SmugSnake brother]], [[DirtyCoward Shuri]].
** Kuroyuri also counts.
* FoeYay: Between Ayanami and Teito
** In the minidrama "Escape," Ayanami is featured crossing paths with Teito and Frau, [[spoiler: "making a serious love call" (as Frau jealously puts it),]] declaring [[spoiler: how he and Teito "cannot live without the other"]] after a process of quiz show fanfare.
* LauncherOfAThousandShips: Teito is considered to be this by a large portion of the fandom
* MartyStu: My God Teito, even the fans agree; Tragic past -check, lost memories -check, secret royalty -check, God-like power -check (he controls the eye of Mikhail AND is [[spoiler: Pandora's box]]), The fact that every character in the series seems to want him -check, the fact that he is constantly labelled as having a pure soul despite the fact that he has murdered -check... The list goes on!
* NightmareFuel: What the Hausen House were doing. [[spoiler: When their lady was turned into a Wars, not only did they keep her in the house, they were '''FEEDING''' her!]]
* TheWoobie: Teito. The tragic life of a slave, being forced to kill for a living, the fact that everybody wants him, the deaths of [[spoiler: his biological father, the man he knew as his father, and Mikage]] the God-like power that's inside his body, and NOW we learn that the reason Ayanami needs him is that he is [[spoiler: Pandora's box]]