* EarWorm: [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14eEphzk4Ec The main theme]], especially the FM Towns version.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Was hugely popular in Germany, possibly even more so than it was in its own home country, with at least four fan sequels originating there.
* OddballInTheSeries: Apart from the humour, this game is pretty much this to the rest of LucasArts games. It's a lot more unforgiving, since there are only a handful of ways to beat the game, and a lot more ways to die or screw up. It's much ''much'' longer and less straight-forward than its predecessor (''ManiacMansion''). While you ''could'' die in Maniac Mansion (Since this was before they brought up their "No die" and "Can't screw up" policies), there were multiple ways to beat the game. Gameplay wise, definitely. Writing-wise? ''Far from it''.
* UnintentionalPeriodPiece: For one, Congo is referred to as Zaire. Airports with hippies outside of them, and microwaves ''on airplanes''.
* WhatCouldHaveBeen: As originally envisioned by David Fox, the game was more serious about its NewAge elements, to the point of bringing in [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Spangler David Spangler]] as a consultant and giving him an additional developer credit. The plan changed after Fox held a brainstorming session with Ron Gilbert, who convinced him to add more wacky humour to the game.