* HilariousInHindsight: Iolaus spends a good deal of time hitting on Kora (played by Angela Dotchin)--always with no success and to her constant annoyance. Over on ''Series/HerculesTheLegendaryJourneys'', Dotchin would be cast as Nautica, the LoveInterest for Iolaus's MirrorUniverse counterpart.
* LikeYouWouldReallyDoIt: Between being a prequel to series that showed its three lead characters well-into adulthood and airing on a kid's block that often enforced NeverSayDie, the show could often get hit with this. Still, they managed some surprise by killing off Eurydice and Marco onscreen.
* ReplacementScrappy: Theseus gets hit with this for taking Jason's spot in the PowerTrio. It didn't help that he only appeared in a handful of episodes at the very end of the run and all but his introduction basically had him do things Jason would've done.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Ryan Gosling's star has been on the rise in the years since the series ended.
** Dean O'Gorman as well, now that he plays Fili in ''Film/TheHobbit''.
* TheScrappy: Arguably, there are two: Lilith and Theseus (who appears in the latter half of the series, replacing the newly-crowned King Jason as the third member of the trio).
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: Lilith being PutOnABus to join Cyane's tribe and changing as a result lacked a proper punch since she departs very quickly after being introduced, returns immediately after leaving, and goes back to being more or less the same afterwards.