* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: TheMusical takes [[CrowningMomentOfFunny the "Puttin' On The Ritz" scene]] from TheMovie and cranks it [[UpToEleven up to eleven]], turning it into a massive BusbyBerkeleyNumber with Frau Blücher as Master of Ceremonies, Igor and Inga in the mix, ''[[http://youtu.be/SwLAdWPjZsg and 25 dancing monsters!!!]]''
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Most of the songs in the musical are light hearted and silly, but ''Life, life'' really drove home the dramatic feel of the classic science-horror.
* MemeticMutation: This is where the [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw Dramatic Chipmunk]] music comes from, when they first look up as the castle.
** Also, I dare you to listen to a normal version of "Puttin' On The Ritz" without doing an impression of Peter Boyle as the Monster.
** Like many of Brooks' films, it's a massive FountainOfMemes.
* OneSceneWonder: Gene Hackman as the blind hermit.
-->"Come back! I was going to make espresso!"
* SugarWiki/SoCoolItsAwesome: Was a big hit when it came out, and is still considered a comedy classic. For Mel Brooks fans, either this or ''Film/BlazingSaddles'' is his best work. In the commentary Brooks states that he thinks this is not only his best work, but the best for many other people respects.
* TearJerker: See SoundtrackDissonance; the music is incredibly moving.
** Also, [[spoiler:The Monster's speech after Frederick's personal sacrifice. Of course, there's MoodWhiplash afterward with Inspector Kemp.]]
** The DVD commentary. Brooks starts crying during the credits over all the friends he has since lost.