* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Judging by his few appearances and his legacy, the [[NewPowersAsThePlotDemands Shen Gong Wu]], one can infer that Dashi was either the definition of CrazyPrepared or a [[WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs very]] EruditeStoner. Maybe [[EccentricMentor both]].
* DracoInLeatherPants: Jack Spicer and Chase Young get this in spades from the fandom.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Le Mime also has a fairly sizable fanbase despite having a major role in only one episode.
** Wuya fills out her Heylin outfit ''very'' nicely.
** [[EvenTheGuysWantHim Chase Young]].
** Katnappe also counts.
** ''[[UnpopularPopularCharacter Jack Spicer]]''.
* EvilIsCool: Chase Young.
* FanPreferredCouple: [[ImpliedLoveInterest Raimundo/Kimiko]] and also [[HoYay Chase/Jack]] for the YaoiFangirls
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Raimundo's throwaway line in "Chameleon" (season 1, episode 6) - "Maybe I'm missing the point. [[spoiler: We're never gonna go after each other]]!" Talk about TemptingFate.
* HilariousInHindsight: GreyDeLisle as an Asian girl with fire powers? [[WesternAnimation/AvatarTheLastAirbender Wait a minute...]]
* MagnificentBastard: Chase Young.
* MemeticMolester: According to some parts of the fandom, Chase Young is this to Omi. Not helped with lines like these:
--> Chase: [[AccidentalInnuendo I like your spunk little one!]]
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYNd3mgWxfA You got Jacked!]]
** '''Jack Spicer:''' It hurts! Get it out!
** A lot of sayings Omi butchers become these as well.
*** ''SECRET ELABORATE PLAN!''
* PeripheryDemographic: Possibly due to its CerebusSyndrome, it got quite a bit of a cult following amongst older teenagers.
* RootingForTheEmpire: Later on, every time Jack Spicer wins just feels better, with how much the guy suffers in one episode.
* SeasonalRot: The final season is largely viewed as being kind of lame compared to the first two seasons, mainly due to not having [[RandomEventsPlot much of a story arc compared to the other seasons]], VillainDecay on the part of Jack and Wuya, and the new villain Hannibal Bean not being particular threatening or interesting.
** Not to mention the series was ''very'' meticulous about keeping careful track of which characters had which Shen-Gong-Wu from episode to episode in the first two seasons. They stopped this in season 3, with one side stealing several Wu from the other at once and the show never mentioned which were stolen. It became difficult to stay invested in the show when Wu would just randomly appear for either side.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: Jack whenever he turns completely good via the Ying Yang World, to the point where even though he's wholeheartedly on their side the monks like him even ''less'' [[WeWantOurJerkBack than they do when he's evil.]]
** News that the revival is being outsourced to Canada is already getting this reaction.
** Jack's new voice--with a higher pitch that makes him seem a lot younger--is also getting this reaction (though it was later revealed that it was simply a place-holder since his actual voice actor hadn't been hired yet).
** Fans also seem to be objecting to the use of CGI in the Showdowns, and the seemingly random name change to the Orb of Tornami, called the Orb of Torpedo in the preview clip.[[note]] The name change is [[JustifiedTrope justifiable]]. The names of the Shen Gong Wu are still the property of Warner Brothers, and so their names will be changed slightly or else the new show won't be able to use them. Most of these, however, were from a preview that was, as confirmed by the creators, leaked and not supposed to be on the internet in the first place, they also stated that it's also a fairly old clip; it's extremely likely that it's going to change somewhere down the line. [[/note]]
* UnintentionallySympathetic: After a while it can be hard to enjoy the abuse Jack Spicer gets put through. While he's undoubtedly done villainous things, his status as a character who's not good enough for either the good guys or the bad guys along with the focus on his insecurities makes it ''really easy'' to feel sorry for him. He's given enough PetTheDog moments that it can look like build up to a HeelFaceTurn, but he never quite makes it.
* UnpopularPopularCharacter: Jack--he and Raimundo have the largest fanbases out of all the male characters on the show.
* WhatAnIdiot: Seriously, Omi trusted Chase Young even though he guessed that he was up to something.
* TheWoobie: Jack Spicer, and sometimes Omi and Raimundo.
** Kimiko, big time in ''Tangled Web''.
** Dojo in ''Master Monk Guan'' what with being the butt of everyone's jokes, called out for not helping the monks fight Jack's Wuya-Bots even though they've always known he's not exactly [[CowardlyLion brave]] and he almost gets killed so Chase can use him as a soup ingredient.