* CompleteMonster: [[GeneralRipper General]] [[HumansAreBastards William]] [[FantasticRacism Kincaid]] is the BigBad of the first game. His hatred of mutants is so great that he commits numerous crimes: re-activating the destructive Sentinels; kidnapping innocent mutants (such as the Morlocks from the sewers), in order to experiment on them; creating ''human-Sentinel'' hybrids which may not have been made just from mutants; and his ultimate plan is to [[spoiler: collapse Asteroid M upon New York City in order to obliterate it and all its inhabitants, ''just so that humanity blames mutants for it and eradicates them from the face of the Earth.'']] While he ''does'' have a FreudianExcuse (revealed in conversation with an NPC) - a mutant with poor control over their power killed his wife - this is far too weak to justify his genocidal hatred, particularly since he's willing to [[spoiler: kill millions of humans]] just to get his revenge.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny - After unlocking him in the sequel, [[spoiler:Deadpool is full of this, such as proclaiming "And now, ''I'm'' better at whatever it is Wolverine does!" after levelling up; but the Crowning Moment comes if you have Deadpool in your team when you face him as a boss - the two Deadpools start arguing about who's the real Deadpool.]]
* GameBreaker - Storm was considered this in both games.
** Jean Grey in the first game, thanks to her Telekinetic Combat passive. Combined with Psionic Strike and Psychic Shout, her sheer power comes close to Prof X's. The fact that many of the endgame enemies are Sentinels and robots, who are resistant to psionic attacks helps mitigate this.
** Storm in the first game is even better than in the second. She has powerful attacks and Leadership, can weld, fly, her whirlwinds stun foes and her lightning can hit enemies in the other room and even link. She's just a very useful character.
** Magneto in the second game. Developed judiciously, he can clear entire rooms in seconds, has excellent crowd control and is pretty much unkillable, while sending the entire team's XP through the roof and solving every puzzle on his own.
** Any kind of gear that has +X Damage on it (not any specific damage type) amplifies any damage dealt by the character, making them powerhouses. Jean Grey had a similar passive ability in the first game which amplified any psychic damage she did, making her the strongest character after Prof X if levelled properly.
** After proper leveling, Nightcrawler's dash attack makes taking out entire rooms full of mooks hilariously easy.
** [[spoiler:Deadpool]] can pretty much be a OneManArmy for most of the game, as can a properly used [[spoiler:IronMan]].
** Iron Man in the second game when his Boost is activated. He can clear whole rooms on his own with his bolts or repulsors.
* HilariousInHindsight: TaraStrong voices a purple-colored character with an ability to teleport. [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic Sound familiar, doesn't it?]]
* ThatOneLevel: In the first game, the team has to evacuate a crippled naval vessel before it sinks, while Jean Grey tries to hold it together telekinetically. An escort mission with a strict time limit and one of your most powerful characters sidelined? Yay! And then Wolverine accidentally stumbles into ankle-deep water and [[SuperDrowningSkills instantly drowns]] and you have to reset…