* AwesomeMusic: Of course, every game's ''Wormsong'', lyrical (''Armageddon'') or not (''World Party'') are awesome to listen to. Some of ''Worms 2'''s soundtrack counts, particularly ''Yesterday's Hero'' and ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_KV58bpc6U Bad Boy Boggy B]]''.
** Began when, instead of releasing a patch to make ''Armageddon'' work on XP and fix the hacked and broken ranking system, Team17 released the almost-the-same-as-Armageddon ''World Party'' and then the spin-off puzzle game ''Blast''. Ended either with ''Worms 3D'' or when Team17 hired some of the game's modders to work on updating ''Armageddon''.
** A significant amount of the fanbase regard [[PolygonCeiling the entire 3D era]], especially ''Worms Forts'' as one massive DorkAge. Team 17 may actually agree on this one.
* EarWorm: The theme song:
--> We are worms, we're the best, and we've come to win the war.
--> We'll stand and never run, stay until it's done,
--> Though our friends may fall, and our world be blown apart,
--> We'll strike with all our might, we'll fight for what is right, till the end.
* GoodBadBug: In the first game, having an almost invincible worm for one turn or shooting explosives with the Uzi is fun.
* MostWonderfulSound: The Holy Hand Grenade.
* NightmareFuel: Sudden death, at least in ''Armageddon'', can actually be quite spooky. Especially if it involves a nuclear strike making all the worms sick, because in that case a more frantic soundtrack plays, complete with blaring sirens and the occasional sounds of a clicking Geiger counter as well as shuffling reminiscent of marching in the background.
* ScrappyMechanic: At least in WA, we have this really annoying thing where if your worm stands too close to a wall and you try to jump towards that wall, or even jump while standing on an arguably steep hill, your worm may instead jump in the ''opposite'' direction, with absolutely no warning that it will happen. Cue countless cases of accidentally killing or harming your worm, followed by a ClusterFBomb. Why didn't they just make the worms jump straight upward in such cases is anyone's guess.
** Going 3D.
** Some players feel the series peaked with the ''United'' expansion, and the absolute impossibility of ''playing'' the first generation games on a modern Windows machine -- or a modern multi-core processor machine -- cause them no end of pain.
** ''Reloaded'' tweaked a lot of the core gameplay, and is a highly controversial instalment among old fans. In particular, the revised Ninja Rope mechanics in ''Reloaded'' are unpopular as they feel too different from before.
** ''Revolution'' changes lighting form Reloaded to do damage instead of heal, THAT would have been nice to know.