* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Basically the entire soundtrack; it makes little balls of goo with eyeballs ''absolutely epic.'' Available for free from the artist [[http://kylegabler.com/WorldOfGooSoundtrack/ here]].
** Later levels the music may reach TearJerker proportions.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2zSy9S5osQ&hd=1 Best of Times]].
* [[EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory The World Of Goo Is Jesus In Purgatory]]: Quite possibly the biggest social commentary from a simple indie game about solving physics-based puzzles using goo balls.
* FanTranslation: 2DBoy relied on fans to translate the game to different languages. Results were good.
* FridgeBrilliance: The unveiling of product Z, analog with the product X and Y, leads the game to (falsely) announce "World of Goo is now in... 3d!!". As in X, Y and Z axises on a three dimensional coordinate plane, hee hee.
** The "server farm" level involves building a tower of goo on a platform that tips depending on how you distribute its weight. So in order to reach the exit pipe, you must "load balance" the server -- ''a [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Load_balancing_%28computing%29 real computing term]]''.
* FridgeHorror: It's not the goo balls fault or the Corporation's fault the world is now polluted and destroyed. It's YOURS.
* GoodBadBugs: Since it's a physics-based game, it can be broken, resulting in amazing OCD results.
* NightmareFuel: By the end of the first chapter you'll likely be pondering the mental stability of the game's writer.
** "Screamer," an unsettling music that just echoes DespairEventHorizon.
** "Cog In The Machine," with ominous strings and [[HellIsThatNoise children laughing and screaming]] in the background of the piece, also counts.
* ThatOneLevel: "Incineration Destination"
** The level immediately before it, "You Have To Explode The Head", can make "Incineration Destination" look like a [[BreatherEpisode Breather Episode]]. Good luck with that swaying tower!
*** If it helps, try building 2 towers that connect.
**** [[SincerityMode It does, thank you.]]
** Tower. Of. Goo. IN THE FIRST CHAPTER!
*** Build like a house, wide base with a more verical direction.
* UglyCute: Most of the goo to some extent, but the skull goo is particularly cute while still managing to look somewhat macabre.